• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GotG - Decides to transcode when I don't think it should

BSE

I've been trying to create a partial copy of Guardian's of the Galaxy, stripping out everything but the main feature.

It gets about 1 minute in, then shows a pop-up about transcoding. That becomes unwatchable, with stutter, skipped frames and audio/video out of sync.

Seems like for this type of copy, transcoding shouldn't be needed, and my guess is that that is the root of the problem I am having.

I know there isn't much you can do without a log. If someone would kindly point me at the instructions for creating one, I will provide it. I thought there would be a sticky for that somewhere.

Thanks

Holding down the ALT Key after a burn is completed is supposed to bring up extra butt

I've been trying to create a partial copy of Guardian's of the Galaxy, stripping out everything but the main feature.

It gets about 1 minute in, then shows a pop-up about transcoding. That becomes unwatchable, with stutter, skipped frames and audio/video out of sync.

Seems like for this type of copy, transcoding shouldn't be needed, and my guess is that that is the root of the problem I am having.

I know there isn't much you can do without a log. If someone would kindly point me at the instructions for creating one, I will provide it. I thought there would be a sticky for that somewhere.

Thanks

Holding down the ALT Key after a burn is completed is supposed to bring up extra buttons with the option to send a log file. If a burn fails it is supposed to come up automatically. So far it has not worked for me. Good Luck.

If you are running in trial mode then it will always re-encode the file as it put a watermark onto the video. I'm not sure if that is what's causing the problem, but I have successfully encoded GotG multiple times in testing, to shrunk full disc, shrunk movie only, mp4 and mkv.

I assume that when you say it's skipping etc that it's doing that when you play back the final output file and not whilst watching the transcode preview

Last edited:
This is with the paid version, not the trial. It is with version 1.0.2.7.

And you are correct, the skipping is during playback of the resultant folder, using J River Media Center 20.

Am I correct in thinking that transcode/re-encode should not be necessary?

I will re-run the conversion and post the log when it completes....

Here's the log. It says it doesn't re-encode, but the first bit of the movie (when playing back in jrmc) works fine, then it starts getting stutters and audio/video out of sync after that. Which seems to be about when the UI had displayed the transcoding message during clonebd copy.

Attachments

• GotG.zip
    346.8 KB · Views: 0
What format are you outputting too? If it's Mp4 or MKV then it always re-encodes, if it's a Blu-ray output then check the summary, if the input size and the output size are the same then it shouldn't re-encode

I'm outputting to bluray. The summary shows input size == output size for all files.

I'm just trying to the output folder to the main movie only, not re-encode. I'm not sure why it decides to transcode after a minute or so, which is why I'm asking here!

Does CloneBD show the "transcoding..." pop-up every time? Even if no re-encoding is necessary? When I started playback, it played smooth, but since I saw that message, and I don't mind skipping the intro scene to GotG, I skipped ahead in the player and saw the stuttering. However, if I don't skip in JRMC, the same "jumpy" scene plays smoothly.

So now I'm wondering if the "transcoding" is a red-herring and this is a player issue.

I tried another disc, and the same message popped up after the copy started.

Back