• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Good Generic or WDTV settings

skipuppy

SEE NEXT POST Has anyone come up with a good WDTV or Generic conversion to MP4 that works will with the WDTV device. Also is there anyway to batch file multiple conversions to MP4 at once kind a set and leave type. Any thought on slysofts side of adding a queue to the Clone moblie software. On the conversion side I am looking for just 720 x 480 ntsc. I know the WDTV is in need of some firmware updates but good clone moblile support could help both software and device.
Just a few questions.
Skipuppy

Last edited:
Pardon my noobishness

After reading some of the post in this forum, I realized I could use VOB passthrough and rename the ext. to mpg which works fast and works on the WDTV device well. I use ISO when the video is over 30mins but I have to use VOB passthrough for video under 30mins ie... episode tv etc.... My question is is VOB passthrough & (ISO for longer video) the closest I can qet to orginial DVD quailty (non HD TV 480i) with DVD Clone Mobile. And is there anything I can add to the device.ini to increase video quailty with VOB passthrough.
Thanks in advance
Skipuppy

Passthrough is just that, it does not do anything to the video so it is the same quality as the original.

Thanks

Ok great so my next question is do I need to use clone mobile dvd or just rip the videos < 30mins to a video ts folder with clonedvd 2 and just rename that vob file would that also be consider passthrough? Also is there any way of creating a batch file to do multiple episodes at once and is there any talk of adding a que to either clonemobile or clone dvd.
Thanks in advance
skipuppy
in case anyone has not seen this the wdtv has a great wiki page and the unoffical firmware is looking great you can check it out at avsforum.com

If renaming the VOB file works then yes you can just use CloneDVD to output the DVD minus whatever you want (extra languages etc) then rename the VOB.

Don't have to rename anything, WDTV will play .vobs directly, I use Clone Mobile to rip to it all the time.

After reading some of the post in this forum, I realized I could use VOB passthrough and rename the ext. to mpg which works fast and works on the WDTV device well. I use ISO when the video is over 30mins but I have to use VOB passthrough for video under 30mins ie... episode tv etc.... My question is is VOB passthrough & (ISO for longer video) the closest I can qet to orginial DVD quailty (non HD TV 480i) with DVD Clone Mobile. And is there anything I can add to the device.ini to increase video quailty with VOB passthrough.
Thanks in advance
Skipuppy

I have been using WDTV and seems to be working nicely. I started off using vob pass through with mobile until my family posed the question, "what if we still want it on a dvd disc?" I couldn't figure out a way for clone dvd to make that vob file created with mobile into a dvd disc so I just been creating iso's and left it at that. I just need to make sure I use the dvd-5 setting on clone dvd when I make the iso so I can burn it on a 4.7 gig disc. A firmware update on WDTV would be nice so it will recognize the chapters.

I know this thread is a bit old... but I thought I would throw this in for
anyone doing a search and coming across this.

I too was until today using VOB Passthrough in CDVDm and came across a
problem with the VOBs not keeping/reporting proper timing in the WD TV Media Player. I noticed today that a movie that was 1h 55m was being reported as only being 5secs long and the seek bar was showing this as well. Not a big
problem if you are watching the entire movie in one sitting. However if you paused the movie, stopped the movie or tried to FF or RW the movie it would
jump to the beginning and play from there... EXTREMELY irritating to say the
least when I discovered this last night.

Upon further searching I noticed this same problem in a lot of other movies that I had converted but had not yet watched. Some reported longer times,
some reported correct times, seems the shorted the movie, the closer the
correct timing was being reported.

After MUCH searching I came to the conclusion that this was a VOB limitation
and possibly WD TV as well. VOBs 4G and under seemed ok but the larger the
VOB beyond the 4G mark the more inaccurate the reported time was.

The only solution I found was to use CloneDVD instead and create an ISO
file. Movies are now reporting correct times and as an added bonus I can now
use the embedded subtitles.

It also took me a while experimenting what works and doesn't work with the wdtv.

Until western digital decides to add some sort of dvd menu functionality to their firmware, you will still need to use vob passthrough for video content 30 minutes and under and iso's for video content over 30 minutes.

It seems like a hassle at first but it is pretty cool having your dvd library on a portable drive. (somewhat portable...I am using a 1.5 TB drive that needs external power)

I just noticed this post today I too had problems early on with some VOBs having timing issues. I looked around and posted in different forums and a program from squared 5 was suggested called MPEG Streamclip it has a fix timecode error functions among many others it works fine and has a batch file aspect so I can just add files then when I am ready I just hit go and the files time code errors are fixed in sequence failry quickly. I have noticed that some vobs seem to get out of sync I do not know if this a DVD mobile issue or a WDTV issue. I am currently considering the MVIX ultio or the ACRyan HD.
But that is another thread. The website for streamclip is www.squared5.com
Thanks
Skipuppy

As I explore my Mvix Ultio for a couple of days since I bought it, I am amazed with it's unique features. It plays ISO, MKV and even supports 1080 videos in RM/RMVB formats. It can even play .m2ts files, where all digital video files recorded by the HD camcorders can be easily played on Mvix Ultio. It is relatively warm and very silent when operating. Most of all it is indeed reasonable in prize. Try to think of that!

Back