• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Gone Girl + AnyDVD HD = Dead Drive?

Ken S

I put Gone Girl (Netflix) into the drive and it was recognized. Started up AnyDVD HD and it started scanning, but took a long time. Eventually, I got an error message and a DMP file (attached).
After that the drive will not work at all...it will not read/recognize any BR or DVD discs.

So, I swapped out the drive with another and had the same thing occur.

Machine is running Windows 8.1
Restarting does not make a difference.

Both drives were working prior.

Does this make sense? Are the dead drives just a coincidence?

Update: I found the firmware for one of the drives and did an update to the same version, rebooted and the drive seems to be working again.
Both drives are older LG models.

Last edited:
Did you look a bottom of disk for dirt or scratches??

Did you look a bottom of disk for dirt or scratches?? This disk is not new and you said its from netflix so it could be dirty or damaged!! Your in the blu-ray section -so if can't read disk the blu-ray disk is probably defective!!!

Last edited:
This disk reads fine for me. Problem is to gorry at the end of movie to keep in my collection. Nice twist to a crazy wife. Hate to be her husband. LOL

I've had many disk rentals where finger prints can cause errors. Check the surface of the disk. You would be surprised that this can cause errors.

Last edited:
Yes, and the disk is pristine. It looks brand new. Maybe, it's just a bad disk. Although, I've never had a bad disk render a drive (let alone two) non-working.

Did you look a bottom of disk for dirt or scratches?? This disk is not new and you said its from netflix so it could be dirty or damaged!! Your in the blu-ray section -so if can't read disk the blu-ray disk is probably defective!!!

Just a quick question, if you remove the disc then reboot does the problem go away? I see you say you've restarted but didn't say if you removed the disc first.

No, I tried rebooting without the disc. I tried different discs (BR and DVD) in and out. The device was there, but after running AnyDVD on that disk the drive would no longer recognize any disk had been inserted. This was also two drives, both by LG, but different models.

It was also the first time I have ever seen an error message like that from AnyDVD and an automatic dump file.

Just a quick question, if you remove the disc then reboot does the problem go away? I see you say you've restarted but didn't say if you removed the disc first.

My guess is that you'd find that the drives would have worked in a different PC and that it was just something in the software on this PC that was messed up, but something that gets re-installed or cleared when a new drive is recognized, or if the same one gets new firmware.

But it's only a guess.

No, I tried rebooting without the disc. I tried different discs (BR and DVD) in and out. The device was there, but after running AnyDVD on that disk the drive would no longer recognize any disk had been inserted. This was also two drives, both by LG, but different models.

It was also the first time I have ever seen an error message like that from AnyDVD and an automatic dump file.
I've had my bluray drive dissapear before. Google registry fix for CD Roms and if you experience this problem. Its as simple as deleting a key. This will require you to reinstall anydvdhd.

I've had my bluray drive dissapear before. Google registry fix for CD Roms and if you experience this problem. Its as simple as deleting a key. This will require you to reinstall anydvdhd.
Or you could just go into Imgburn, then into the 'Tools/Filter Driver Load Order' option and remove just the ones you want and leave the AnyDVD filter there, then reboot

Back