• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GJ problems with 1 out of 3 computers

kalarso

I have three different computers, only 2 oof them have GJ working properly.
The only thing I notice that is different during the profiling is the length of time of the "building image mode" and "finalizing image" mode. The computer that is not working correctly has a "building image mode" of literally a split second and then the finalizing takes about a minute. On the 2 computers that work the "building image mode" both take about 5 -7 seconds and the finalizing takes about 7 minutes.

So why is the one computer not getting the proper image to build and preventing GJ fom operating correctly? All of the computers are of similar specs... I have used the dvd\rom from the working computer in the non working computer but it still did not work.

What version of Game Jackal are you running?

What operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?
Vista 64bit home premium SP 2 (1 working, 1 non working) and XP 32 bit SP3 (working)

What protection does your game use? SecuRom 7.37.0008
What is the name of the game you're trying to run? Lego Indiana Jones (and any other game...none work in the non working computer)
What is the version of the game? 1.0
Is it CD or DVD version? DVD
What region or country is the original disc from? USA
What CPU are you running? QX9650 (non working); QX9770 (working); Q9000 (working)
What optical drives (dvd-rom, cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader? LG H120L Y05 (non working) ; not sure what the working DVD roms are
What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers. MacAfee Security Center version 8.1 (with A/V ver 12.1) all up to date
Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.

I described the symptoms above, but I keep getting a very long hang, followed by a dialog instructing me to insert the original game disc.

Attachments

• Lego Batman.zip
    20.1 KB · Views: 2
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\CLBStor.sys v5.0.0.5

Clbstor is from CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software . . . packet writing software in general is bad news and interferes with a lot of programs including Slysoft's. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable. Uninstall Instantburn. And make sure clbstor is no longer listed in your registry's filter stack by using imgburn.

1. i) Create a backup of your registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "clbstor". Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

You may have to boot into windows safe mode to get rid of clbstor from your registry. It's important to get that removed.

2. Update to Game Jackal 3.2.0.9: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=30626

I have three different computers, only 2 oof them have GJ working properly.
The only thing I notice that is different during the profiling is the length of time of the "building image mode" and "finalizing image" mode. The computer that is not working correctly has a "building image mode" of literally a split second and then the finalizing takes about a minute. On the 2 computers that work the "building image mode" both take about 5 -7 seconds and the finalizing takes about 7 minutes.

So why is the one computer not getting the proper image to build and preventing GJ fom operating correctly? All of the computers are of similar specs... I have used the dvd\rom from the working computer in the non working computer but it still did not work.

What version of Game Jackal are you running?

What operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?
Vista 64bit home premium SP 2 (1 working, 1 non working) and XP 32 bit SP3 (working)

What protection does your game use? SecuRom 7.37.0008
What is the name of the game you're trying to run? Lego Indiana Jones (and any other game...none work in the non working computer)
What is the version of the game? 1.0
Is it CD or DVD version? DVD
What region or country is the original disc from? USA
What CPU are you running? QX9650 (non working); QX9770 (working); Q9000 (working)
What optical drives (dvd-rom, cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader? LG H120L Y05 (non working) ; not sure what the working DVD roms are
What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers. MacAfee Security Center version 8.1 (with A/V ver 12.1) all up to date
Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.

I described the symptoms above, but I keep getting a very long hang, followed by a dialog instructing me to insert the original game disc.

This is a problem that a number of other users have noted. Looking at the log files I can see where it is failing. Just need to work out why. Leave it with me.

Clbstor is from CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software . . . packet writing software in general is bad news and interferes with a lot of programs including Slysoft's. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable. Uninstall Instantburn. And make sure clbstor is no longer listed in your registry's filter stack by using imgburn.

1. i) Create a backup of your registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "clbstor". Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

You may have to boot into windows safe mode to get rid of clbstor from your registry. It's important to get that removed.

2. Update to Game Jackal 3.2.0.9: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=30626

I ended up reformatting my computer and did not install anything from cyberlink and am still having the same issues.
Could it be a problem with RAID? I read about how Securom can mistake the RAID for an emulator? That is about the only thing different for the non working computer. And I have cyberlink on the laptop, but it doesnot contain InstantBurn. I had uninstalled it prior to reformatting, but did not do the registry thing. Anyway, I reformmatted, installed vista, then macafee security center and then updates up to SP3. installed GJ. Installed 1 game. Still having issue.

on the working computers, when trying to play indiana jones everything is fine, but when playing on the non working machine it needs a patch that I found in the legoindy forum to even make it work with the cd due to Securom confusing "iastor" from RAID as an emulator? i thnk. geez.

I ended up reformatting my computer and did not install anything from cyberlink and am still having the same issues.
Could it be a problem with RAID?

I doubt it. I use RAID 0.

matthew said he would look into this, so I'd wait to see what he discovers.

I am using RAID 5. Not sure if that has different drivers? Probably not.

Could it be a problem with RAID? I read about how Securom can mistake the RAID for an emulator? That is about the only thing different for the non working computer. And I have cyberlink on the laptop, but it doesnot contain InstantBurn. I had uninstalled it prior to reformatting, but did not do the registry thing. Anyway, I reformmatted, installed vista, then macafee security center and then updates up to SP3. installed GJ. Installed 1 game. Still having issue.

on the working computers, when trying to play indiana jones everything is fine, but when playing on the non working machine it needs a patch that I found in the legoindy forum to even make it work with the cd due to Securom confusing "iastor" from RAID as an emulator? i thnk. geez.

The logs indicate an issue with the GJ client...

Does that mean that something is going wrong during the installation on this machine?

Does that mean that something is going wrong during the installation on this machine?

No... the error appears to be caused by the scanning of the collected data. At this point the smart imaging is failing (however it does not show an error... something that will be rectified with the next release).

No... the error appears to be caused by the scanning of the collected data. At this point the smart imaging is failing (however it does not show an error... something that will be rectified with the next release).

Can I try to collect some more logs? maybe good instal vs bad install or something? I would love to get this working.

Not at the minute. We will do our best to get this sorted before the next release (due late this week). If we cannot find a definite source before, we will be improving the logging in this area to help sort this out.

I'm interested in this thread as I also have 3 similar pcs with just 1 of 3 not liking recent versions of GJ , but the other 2 PCs working fine. ( see my NWN2 problems thread).

when do you expect the next release to be & will there be more info re this scanning problem in the release notes ?

I'm interested in this thread as I also have 3 similar pcs with just 1 of 3 not liking recent versions of GJ , but the other 2 PCs working fine. ( see my NWN2 problems thread).

when do you expect the next release to be & will there be more info re this scanning problem in the release notes ?

v3.2.1.0 has been released internally, just waiting for it to be posted on the site.

Back