• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ghost Gate

For additional information, when I try to burn an original DVD through OneClick DVD Copy Pro, it will go through the motions to compress the movie to fit on a single layer disc, but when it goes into the burn cycle, it burns for a few seconds and then finalizes the disc. Obviously, leaving me with a coaster. Also, if I try to compress the movie through CloneDVD Mobile, it says that there was an error reading the disc. These operations are performed with AnyDVD 6.1.6.5. running on my desktop computer.

So far, I have had the above issues with Premonition, Hills Have Eyes 2, Peaceful Warrior, The Contract, The Number 23, Nomad: The Warrior, The Village, and The Protector (2006).

What happens if you try ripping & compressing it with the trial version CloneDVD 2.9.1.0 to your HDD? I had no issues using CloneDVD 2.9.0.9 & AnyDVD 6.1.6.5 when dealing with Peaceful Warrior or The Village. I have yet to see let alone own any of the others. Heck, considering the age of The Village this is quite boggling.

It would seem you have amazingly bad luck with possible flawed discs, a software problem or quite possibly a DVD drive that is going or needs to be cleaned.

Since my first post, I had gone into the device manager and set the Region code for both of my DVD drives. It did not make a difference with ripping the DVDs on my desktop.

James, If AnyDVD still does not support Ghost Gate, why do the DVDs rip just fine on my laptop but not on my desktop?

I had CloneDVD previously. I always had problems with it and just couldn't get it to work. I found OneClick DVD Pro and have been very happy with it. Up until now, I have never had an issue with backing up DVDs. Saw III gave me some issues early on. To resolve it, I was able to convert the movie to an .iso file through Roxio Media Creator 7.5 and then burn it to a DVD+R with ImgBurn.

Since my first post, I had gone into the device manager and set the Region code for both of my DVD drives. It did not make a difference with ripping the DVDs on my desktop.

James, If AnyDVD still does not support Ghost Gate, why do the DVDs rip just fine on my laptop but not on my desktop?
Could you please explain what you mean with "rip"? The original poster got a PS10 error using AnyDVD ripper.

Video DVD (or CD) label: GHOST_GATE_DVD_VOLUME
Media is not CSS protected.

As Ghost Gate doesn't have CSS protection, the region code setting of your drive is irrelevant. Yes, it would even rip with a Panasonic drive. ;)

I am certain, it didn't rip fine. You will probably see picture distortion on at least one occasion when watching the copy. I have ordered the original disc, as soon as I have received it, I will remove the protection properly.

Whenever I use the word rip, I mean that I am using the AnyDVD ripper to copy the DVD files from the DVD to my hard drive.

I cannot verify that there is some picture distortion as I have not had a chance to watch the copies discs yet. The current method I have to use is very slow and painstaking (takes me about 4 hours [laptop] to copy instead of 20-30 minutes [desktop]).

Is the whole error I am having related to the Ghost Gate encryption? I have tried to copy discs that were released before Ghost Gate (I thought that I heard Ghost Gate was just coming into use) came out and I get the same error on those discs as well.

Whenever I use the word rip, I mean that I am using the AnyDVD ripper to copy the DVD files from the DVD to my hard drive.

I cannot verify that there is some picture distortion as I have not had a chance to watch the copies discs yet. The current method I have to use is very slow and painstaking (takes me about 4 hours [laptop] to copy instead of 20-30 minutes [desktop]).

Is the whole error I am having related to the Ghost Gate encryption? I have tried to copy discs that were released before Ghost Gate (I thought that I heard Ghost Gate was just coming into use) came out and I get the same error on those discs as well.

Don't know. Other discs, other story. Maybe *your* problem is completely unrelated to the protection. You are aware that you posting in a thread called "Ghost Gate"?
You are aware that you said "I have been having the same issues with copying DVDs on my desktop computer" in a thread where the first post said
"New Encryption? Ghost Gate . Tried EVERYTHING but the kitchen sink !!! ERROR: PS 10 VOBU 4 1479407 264 CLONE 6 -using Any dvd ripper ."

Please.... a little bit more discipline in what you post where. Thank you.

I realize I was posting in a thread called "Ghost Gate". I posted here because my problem was mimicking the error the person who originally posted the thread was having.

My question about if my problem was related to Ghost Gate was in an effort to see if the problem was encryption related or just a problem with my one computer. It didn't seem like an encryption problem because it was only happening with one computer. But, I will admit to being encryption stupid.

Really, I am just trying to figure out why I can't copy DVDs on one of my computers.

Uglyinthemornin' - I was thinking about that last night. I went to the Gigabyte website and found a firmware update for my drive, installed it, and am still having the same problem.

I also went and set the region code for my drives. Region is set to 1. Still no luck.

I also installed version AnyDVD 6.1.6.7. Still getting the error "PS 10 VOBU 4 735 1 Clone6".

On the plus side, I did find out that I am only having the problem on my DVD-Rom drive. My DVD-RW drive will allow my to use the AnyDVD ripper to copy the files to my hard drive.

This is the latest disc information for my drive that I am having the error with:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.7)
GIGABYTE GO-B5232A NKY1 JAN12 ,2004
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084736 sectors (4071 MBytes)
Total size: 4165221 sectors (8135 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HOT_FUZZ
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

This is the information when I put the disc in my drive that does work:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.7)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-110D 1.41 06/04/17PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084736 sectors (4071 MBytes)
Total size: 4165221 sectors (8135 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HOT_FUZZ
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

@ thespottedgopher,

It appears that the problem boils down to the fact that your 3-½ year old Gigabyte GO-B5232A CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo drive is unable to Read the data correctly from your original Commercial DVD Movie Titles and has nothing to do with the SlySoft AnyDVD software program.

Regards,
Coaster

yep, Firmwear play a very big role on the DVD disc are read & how they write.
Loads of problem most of time leads right back to firmware.

My Junk Burner (DVDRW IDE 16X A091 2) plays everything & i had it for over 4 years. it was really bad when it didn't have the Updates in place no coasters just 85% of my DVDs couldn't be read proper.

As for not finding the right DVD-Rom Firmware update. i would try to contact Gigabyte & ask them if there any known new updates or links to. because you would think that other buyer had this same problem in the past. & you would think they had a firmware for this in place?:confused:

Also all my burner have a toll-free-number just in case. Look & see if you can locate your number it may be on your Burner Box or just contact the place you bought the burner from they might have if, they still sell that name brand?.

Back