• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal v4.0.1.4 (RC2)

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/gj/SetupGameJackal4014.exe

Release v4.0.1.4 - rc2 (2009-12-15)
  • Major driver changes to improve reliability.
  • Fixed a driver issue that was causing the profile's CD/DVD image to remain in explorer after the profile is shutdown.
  • Fixed some minor issues with the performance and reliability monitor.
  • Auto-start dialogs should no longer display when profiles are starting.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a "Conflict with Emulation software" message to appear with some titles.
  • A number of interface updates and fixes.

Last edited by a moderator:
well running the crysis profile I made with the previous RC1 caused a BSOD
upon exiting.

and Farcry still doesn't work even after two data sector scans.

Will do full image mode profiles advanced logging
bla bla bla later

well running the crysis profile I made with the previous RC1 caused a BSOD
upon exiting.

and Farcry still doesn't work even after two data sector scans.

Will do full image mode profiles advanced logging
bla bla bla later

Can you test with newly captured profiles?

Hi.
I tried to create a profile für RISEN and I do get lock-ups and program-errors.

What I did:
-2. Selected advanced logging
-1. Set multicore to "Game Jackal CPU2", "Game CPU1"
1. Create new Profille
2. Selected drive D: (Plextor PX-B300 S-ATA)
3. Automatic mode (any game)
4. Profile name "Risen"
5. Locate .exe "E:\Risen\bin\Risen.exe"
6. Image-mode disabled, quickstart enabled
7. Inserted DVD
8. Autostart popped up -> closed by me
9. Risen splashscreen -> game menu -> quit game by me
10. Back on Desktop, "Manager.exe" popped up with an error message and asks me to continue, restart, close.
11. Selected "show bug report" (Pictures 1-2)
12. No way to "export bug report"
13. Sending bug Report does not work "there was an issue sending the bug report. Please locate the bug report log file (Bug Report.log) and please email to "gamejackaldebug@slysoft.com"" (Picture 3)
14a. If selected "continue", the application hangs at "Smart Imaging".
14b. If selected "restart", there is a profile, but selecting it leads to Risen say "please insert correct DVD". So game Jackal pops up and asks if it run correctly. If selecting "no, rescan DVD" it does so for over an hour... I do not think, this is correct.

Running the "Performance- and stability-assistant", I do get another errormessage (Picture 4)

Anything you suggest I could do?

------------------------------
My System:
Win7 Professional x64
8GB Ram
Phenom 9550 Quadcore
ATI 4870
GameJackal 4.0 RC2 (already bought)

Risen: Tages & Solid Shield Copyprotection.
Game works fine without Game Jackal

Attachments

• Risen.zip
    61.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Picture3.PNG
    Picture3.PNG
    19.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Picture4.jpg
    Picture4.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi guys.
I'm having a problem creating a profile for Borderlands. After clicking "create a new profile" I choose "securom protected game".
Then when the time comes to launch the game I get a Securom "Conflict with Emulation software" message. At first I thought it was
Virtual Clone Drive so I turned it off and tried to create a profile from scratch, but again I got "Conflict with Emulation software". To make
sure that it was/wasn't for VCD i turned off both VCD and GJ and opened Borderlands. The game ran without problems. Then I turned on
VCD. Again Borderlands ran without problems. So it has to be GJ. I'm using GJ with Assasin's Creed 1 and Dawn of War 40k(main game + 3
expansions) and I have no problems.
So what's up with Borderlands?

Last edited:
Securom on Borderlands CAN DETECT Game Jackal.
With the error message I also got a link. I followed the link below
Code:
http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=15000+&l=en
and ended up in a page saying this:
SecuROM™ has determined that an emulation tool ('GameJackal') is running in the background. Please close this tool in order to start the application.

EDIT: GJ v3.2.1.4 also gets detected and I get the link above

Last edited:
Code:

Thanks for the info... we'll need to test against this game and get back to you.

Code:

We have tested this (on a Win7 and XP machine) and we don't have any issues. Can you please check that you are running v4.0.1.4 and also check that v3.xx is not running. Also what OS are you using?

I'm on a Windows 7 Professional RTM x64 machine.

My specs:
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 5600+
M/B: Gigabyte GA-M55S-S3 (rev. 2.0)
RAM: 4GB Corsair Dual Channel 800 MHz
GPU: XFX Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 1GB

When I was testing this I made sure that only one version was
running at the time. In fact it was a freshly formatted machine and
I only had v4 installed at first. Then I uninstalled v4 and installed
v3 to test it. I have the EU retail version of Borderlands.

Farcry

Here are the logs for farcry, I uninstalled RC1
and did a clean install of RC2 before doing this

Profile creation first run failed
created log then I ran the performance wizard
and would try the game after each run.
After the game failed to load each
time I created a log. This should be enough
info right??

Thanks

Attachments

• Profile creation Far Cry.zip
    218.8 KB · Views: 1
  • ProWizard 1 Far Cry.zip
    231.3 KB · Views: 1
  • ProWizard 2 Far Cry.zip
    225.8 KB · Views: 1
  • ProWizard 3 Far Cry.zip
    229 KB · Views: 0
  • ProWizard 4 Far Cry.zip
    118.2 KB · Views: 1
Here are the logs for farcry, I uninstalled RC1
and did a clean install of RC2 before doing this

Profile creation first run failed
created log then I ran the performance wizard
and would try the game after each run.
After the game failed to load each
time I created a log. This should be enough
info right??

Thanks

I have sent you a PM re this issue.

Referring to my post about "Risen" (http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=235830&postcount=4) :

With the new Version 4.0.1.5, the manager.exe does not crash directly after ending the game for the first time. The data is collected properly from the DVD and the profile is created.
But now, after starting Risen, it still asks me to insert the correct DVD. The log is attached. The stabilitymanager woun't start automatically.

When I select the stabilitymanager manually, it pops up and the "error - resume, restart or quit application"-screen pops up, too. Ignoring the errorscreen, I am able to run the stabilitymanager. It runs correctly, but with no effect towards the start of Risen. The only problem is that I am unable to close the stabilitymanagerwindow. I have to use the "restart"-option of the error-message.

Attachments

• Risen.zip
    76.6 KB · Views: 1
There is nothing obvious in the log file. Can you please re-run the profile with advanced logging enabled and then post the logs again.

No Problem. Hope, it worked out with the advanded-logging-switch (did not feel different to the former run).

Game Jackal (GJ) did not crash creating the profile, but after lauching it, the game asks for the original CD. After refusing its request and hereby quitting the game-start, GJ does not recognize an error. After starting the stability-agent on this profile, it states an error (see picture 2).

PS: Sending the error-report still does not work "Sorry, sending the bug report didn't work.", maybe it could not connect to the server.

Attachments

• Risen.zip
    150.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Risen -Stabilitätsagent-Error.jpg
    Risen -Stabilitätsagent-Error.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
No Problem. Hope, it worked out with the advanded-logging-switch (did not feel different to the former run).

Game Jackal (GJ) did not crash creating the profile, but after lauching it, the game asks for the original CD. After refusing its request and hereby quitting the game-start, GJ does not recognize an error. After starting the stability-agent on this profile, it states an error (see picture 2).

PS: Sending the error-report still does not work "Sorry, sending the bug report didn't work.", maybe it could not connect to the server.

It would appear this is using a new version of Tages. We will need to take a closer look at it which we'll do after the next release is out.

I've had similar problems with Risen and GJ v4.0.1.5 - either GJ crashes when trying to create a profile (with advanced logging turned on), or risen.exe hangs and you can't even terminate it using the task manager.

It would appear this is using a new version of Tages. We will need to take a closer look at it which we'll do after the next release is out.

Thanks alot! That is exactly what I want when sending a "bug" report. Of course you cannot fix everything instantly, but to know what you think about it and about when I can await a solution helps alot!

Take your time!

About Risen and Game Jackal:
The new version 4.0.2.2. does work quite stable. When creating a profile, it works for some time and saves some stuff to the harddrive. But nevertheless, the game still says "please insert your original dvd".

Is there any information that could be useful? Should I provide a logfile of the new version, or do you have all information you need?

Maybe I should consider to open a new "Risen"-Thread... :))

About Risen and Game Jackal:
The new version 4.0.2.2. does work quite stable. When creating a profile, it works for some time and saves some stuff to the harddrive. But nevertheless, the game still says "please insert your original dvd".

Is there any information that could be useful? Should I provide a logfile of the new version, or do you have all information you need?

Maybe I should consider to open a new "Risen"-Thread... :))

We are aware that later versions of Tages are not fully supported... we are working on this.

Back