• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal Pro 3.2.1.4 official

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
Release v3.2.1.4 - release (2009-06-23)
- Fixed an issue that was displaying the CD/DVD details in explorer after the profile had been deactivated.
- Fix an issue that was preventing the Game Jackal plug-ins from appearing under the navigation bar interface.
- Fixed an issue with the hints windows displaying when the main interface was not visible.
- Improved bad media reads (-9 error). Game Jackal now performs a deeper scan of bad sectors and will continue regardless of the result.
- Improved capturing for some titles (including The Sims 3).
- Fixed an issue that interface locking feature when used with the new navigation bar interface.

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupGameJackal.exe

The Sims 3, Neverwinter Nights 2 all expansions and latest patches, Fallout 3, Bioshock, and Guitar Hero 3 all work fine with Vista 64 bit SP2.

Last edited:
Thank you for the great update.

The new interface is becoming better and better.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Edit:
Yet another stupid cosmetic thing that doesn't NEED to be fixed, but some users may get confused:
READ ME NOTES

SOFTWARE: Game Jackal v3.2
CORE VERSION: 3.2
CLIENT VERSION: 3.2.0.5
DRIVER VERSION: 3.2.0.5
PLATFORM: 2000, XP and Vista (32 and 64 bit platforms)
DATE: 2009-03-20

Last edited:
Where did you find that cosmetic bug, BurnerHEAD?

Under Extras > Update Version Info I see the following:

READ ME NOTES

SOFTWARE: Game Jackal v3.2
CORE VERSION: 3.2
CLIENT VERSION: 3.2.1.4
DRIVER VERSION: 3.2.1.4
PLATFORM: 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit platforms)
DATE: 2009-06-23

CONTENTS OF README.TXT FILE
1) Important information
2) Known Problems
3) Revisions and Updates

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
* No information at this time.

KNOWN PROBLEMS
N/A

REVISIONS AND UPDATES
Release v3.2.1.4 - release (2009-06-23)
- Fixed an issue that was displaying the CD/DVD details in explorer after the profile had been deactivated.
- Fix an issue that was preventing the Game Jackal plug-ins from appearing under the navigation bar interface.
- Fixed an issue with the hints windows displaying when the main interface was not visible.
- Improved bad media reads (-9 error). Game Jackal now performs a deeper scan of bad sectors and will continue regardless of the result.
- Improved capturing for some titles (including The Sims 3).
- Fixed an issue that interface locking feature when used with the new navigation bar interface.

<snip>

Yeah, that file is alright.

But not that one:
http://www.slysoft.com/download/changes_gamejackal.txt

Not really something to worry about. Just wanted to notify.

I'm so excited for the UAC fix now, that is coming soon.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Hmmm... good catch. I looked at that last night and never noticed it. I guess it was because the actual changelog below was correct so I just didn't catch it.

Have the GameJackal UI open and GameJackal present in the taskbar. Now right-click and the only option I have is to minimize the window and the menu that allows it is... not right. No option to Close or Maximize?

Refer to the screenshot. Sorry if this is a known thing. I haven't seen it mentioned.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GameJackal Taskbar.jpg
    GameJackal Taskbar.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Sorry, not fixed for me. I still see no option for the No-CD Plugin in the Win7 skin. Fixed now, after doing a second restart.

Sorry, not fixed for me. Hints still appear on the desktop. Fixed now, after doing a second restart.

Sorry, not fixed for me. Win7 skins don't get locked. Fixed now, after doing a second restart.

Maybe there's something wrong with my PC, but I updated and restarted my computer.

Another bug, I just noticed:
I don't have GameJackal start up with windows, but I use the GameJackal Plus Addon Service to start and the ServiceNotification.exe starts when windows start.
After the update, I restarted and the Notification.exe appeared as normal. When I clicked on "Show GameJackal", the update initialized and the service was shutdown, but the Notification.exe Icon remained.
I experienced that with the 3.2.1.2 update, too, so I'm pretty sure it only happens after updating.

See screen for details. Still appears. Now all the time. ServiceNotification.exe is always there. doesn't get terminated.

Now, after clicking "Exit GameJackal" in the systray, the Notification.exe doesn't get green anymore, it stays red.

After doing a third restart, this issue is also completely resolved for me. The Notification.exe works as it should.

The Version 3 skin, still has these hint windows, that are right on the navigation bar on the left. Is this supposed to be like that?

See screen for details. Still appears.

Although I have Version 3.2.1.4 installed, the version and license details displays that wrong. The GameJackal.exe file itself has the correct number.

See screen for details. Fixed now, after doing a second restart.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Refer to the screenshot. Sorry if this is a known thing. I haven't seen it mentioned.
Good catch. I can reproduce this bug.

Attachments

• tray_bug.jpg
    tray_bug.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 2
  • license_details.jpg
    license_details.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 4
  • version3_skin.jpg
    version3_skin.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I'd recommend an uninstall, reboot, reinstall, BurnerHEAD. Your install appears botched. This might explain some of the things you are seeing as not fixed.

Refer to my License window.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GJ License.jpg
    GJ License.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 116
Well, there was nothing wrong with my PC.

I thought, well let's do another restart, and after that some bugs have been fixed. I'm correcting my previous post now.

well, GJ needed 2 restarts to work properly. really strange.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Another thing, I noticed:

After creating a NO-CD Profile, I able to start the "Performance Wizard" and "Update Profile" via the context menu, but that is simply unnecessary.
These options should be greyed out.

See screen for details.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Attachments

• context.jpg
    context.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 3
Looking forward to installing when I get home.

Thanks to the GJ team for getting us these fixes so quickly.

:clap:

The issue quoted above doesn't seem to be fixed (Vista SP2 32bit), at least not for me, see screenshot below.

gjbugf.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm.
3.2.1.4 seems to be a step backwards for me.

5 of my profiles no longer work now, that worked fine before.
I am getting original disk failures with all 5 of them now.
Bioshock
Tomb Raider 3
Damnation (using 3rd gen engine)
FarCry2
Serious Sam 2

Also, for the love of pete, can anyone tell me how to get rid of those annoying tool tip things?
You know, the gray box that appears when you mouse over a profile icon or over a setting?
I believe there was an option in general settings in 3.2.0.4-6 that you could check to enable/disable, but I cant find it anywhere anymore?

Last edited:
Also, for the love of pete, can anyone tell me how to get rid of those annoying tool tip things?
You know, the gray box that appears when you mouse over a profile icon or over a setting?
I believe there was an option in general settings in 3.2.0.4-6 that you could check to enable/disable, but I cant find it anywhere anymore?

Under General Settings using the Windows 7 skin. Go to the Interface Settings tab. You can disable the dynamic hint window and disable balloon tips. Both were unchecked when I looked.

Have them unchecked, and still getting the gray boxes all over the place on mouse-over.
Thanks though.

Carmageddon 3 now hangs/crashes explorer/windows also with the new 3.2.1.4.
:(

Well, I am going back to 3.2.1.2.
At least then all my previous profiles work.
Sorry GJ team, this update was a bad one for my system.

Update:
Well, went back to 3.2.1.2, and 3 of the profiles now work again.
But for some reason, Bioshock still gives 'need original cd' error, and Carmageddon crashes gj/windows/explorer still.

Last edited:
Have them unchecked, and still getting the gray boxes all over the place on mouse-over.
Thanks though.

Yeah, but you need to check the box to disable the tips and not the other way around.

I can't comment on the other issues since I'm not running into anything currently.

Update:
Well, went back to 3.2.1.2, and 3 of the profiles now work again.
But for some reason, Bioshock still gives 'need original cd' error, and Carmageddon crashes gj/windows/explorer still.

Bioshock works fine for me on two different systems. You might want to try creating a new profile.

Yeah, I removed the Bioshock profile and the Carmageddon3 one.
Will probably create again this weekend.

I tried to remove the Damnation profile (to create it again), and I get this attached error.

How do I remove a profile that I can do nothing with ?
:doh:
Will probably have to install 3.2.1.4 again to remove it?
That just seems rediculouse when trying to REMOVE a profile.
Sigh

Attachments

• GJerrordamnation.JPG
    GJerrordamnation.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I don't know, sorry. I don't use any plugins. Deleting profiles is painless for me.

Back