• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal 3.0.0.8 release

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

Release v3.0.0.8 - release (2008-03-10)
  • Driver bug fixe that could cause issues with games crashing.
  • Tighter scanning for DVD based games during capture. This is to improves game start up performance. Please note that this has the side effect of increasing the profiling time.
  • Interface tweaks.
  • Language updates.

you guys have a great development team. Thanks for the new release. :clap:

I can never remember, should previous versions be uninstalled first, or can you install over a previous version?

3.0.0.8 Crashing

Am I the only one with crashing?

I just tried to make profiles for Crysis & Call of Duty 4 and both times the PC just hung. Couldn't control-Alt-Delete. Had to use the power button.

Using 64-Bit Vista Ultimate.

Is there any kind of a log I can send you? Any advice is welcome. Many thanks for all of your great help and work. I am very appreciative.

Thank you,

Jim

Am I the only one with crashing?

I just tried to make profiles for Crysis & Call of Duty 4 and both times the PC just hung. Couldn't control-Alt-Delete. Had to use the power button.

Using 64-Bit Vista Ultimate.

Is there any kind of a log I can send you? Any advice is welcome. Many thanks for all of your great help and work. I am very appreciative.

Thank you,

Jim

This this a 32-bit or 64-bit game?

64-Bit I assume

I believe that Crysis is both 32 and 64 depending on which one you select. I used the profile that you guys already loaded or set up in GJ version 3.0.0.8. It said it was the 64 bit version? Do I need to manually select the 64 bit version of the game?

As for Call of Duty 4, I have no idea, I just used the profile I found in 3.0.0.8 for it as well. Obviously I'm screwing up. I'm sorry to annoy you. I honestly had no troubles with 3.0.0.5 and UT3, UT Anthology, and Medal of Honor Pacific Assault. I don't know why this is suddenly a problem for me. It is confusing when some games like Crysis that have a 64 single player and a 32 multiplayer. What do I do? Do I create a separate profile for each? Same for C of D 4?

I'm used a Mac for years, but I'm new to Windows and struggling with the OS as well as some of these new apps. I feel like an idiot. If you could give me a shove, I promise to learn quickly.

Many thanks,

Jim

I believe that Crysis is both 32 and 64 depending on which one you select. I used the profile that you guys already loaded or set up in GJ version 3.0.0.8. It said it was the 64 bit version? Do I need to manually select the 64 bit version of the game?

As for Call of Duty 4, I have no idea, I just used the profile I found in 3.0.0.8 for it as well. Obviously I'm screwing up. I'm sorry to annoy you. I honestly had no troubles with 3.0.0.5 and UT3, UT Anthology, and Medal of Honor Pacific Assault. I don't know why this is suddenly a problem for me. It is confusing when some games like Crysis that have a 64 single player and a 32 multiplayer. What do I do? Do I create a separate profile for each? Same for C of D 4?

I'm used a Mac for years, but I'm new to Windows and struggling with the OS as well as some of these new apps. I feel like an idiot. If you could give me a shove, I promise to learn quickly.

Many thanks,

Jim

First up... we are here to help, so don't feel bad if you are having troubles ;)

Now it's interesting that you say it was working fine in 3.0.0.5
I have zipped up the 3.0.0.5 drivers, if you could try these it would help us identify where the issue is. Download from the link below, unzip both files and place them in C:\Windows\System32\drivers (overwrite the existing drivers). Once there, reboot your machine. Please let me know if this fixes you issue.

3.0.0.5 drivers
http://rapidshare.com/files/99410036/Drivers_3005_x64.zip.html

As far as getting lock ups when making a profile. Give this a quick try.

Turn off your virus checkers, firewalls, etc. anything that monitors your system, and see if you can make a profile. I have "Comodo" FireWall Plus Defense, and it will let you know if any system files are being changed at anytime. You may be getting a firewall request or something else trying to tell you something and you can not see the prompt. I had this problem when I make a profile with CrashDay, then after the profile is made I can get the firewall request. It would lock up tight when I would make the profile, no shift tab, no ctrl alt delete just powerbutton to get out of it.

Give that a shot.

Also on Crysis multi player I think you will need to make a image of the disk, I saw someplace that it pulls from the DVD on different levels. My computer can not handle multi-player on Crysis, I can play single player most of the game at 17FPS. I need to upgrade one of these days.

Last edited:
3.0.0.5 Worked!!!!

Matt,

That worked. I replaced the files as you mentioned and it worked!

Things of interest:

Before I tried your fix, I placed BitDefender into "Game Mode" and it still failed.

After I applied your files though it still didn't work until I put BitDefender in Game Mode. So, it was apparently the 3.0.0.8 AND BitDefender blocking it as Hillbilly suggested (thanks pal!).

So, I was able to create, and now use profiles for Crysis and Call of Duty 4 (single player). The multiplayer versions of both games fail as they don't bring up any servers in the lists.

I did get the multiplayer versions of both games to work by creating profiles that used the entire disc image. It's certainly not efficient, but it worked.

However, I'm guessing that there is still a problem with 3.0.0.8 and I'd be very happy to assist you further so that 3.0.0.9 can work for me.

Please let me know what I can do, and thanks for the excellent support (both Matt & Hillbilly)!

Jim

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got it going. No more of that stupid drive click for you when you want to play Crysis. :p

Thank you indeed!

Thanks Mr. Hillbilly, I appreciate all of the kind people at this forum!

Matthew, I'd still like to hear from you if you have the time. I'd like to help you figure out why the 3.0.0.5 drivers work when the newer ones don't.

Many thanks!
:)

Thanks Mr. Hillbilly, I appreciate all of the kind people at this forum!

Matthew, I'd still like to hear from you if you have the time. I'd like to help you figure out why the 3.0.0.5 drivers work when the newer ones don't.

Many thanks!
:)

I'm glad you're keen :)
I have some new drivers which I would like you to try if you're happy to do so. Unzip both files and place them in C:\Windows\System32\drivers (overwrite the existing drivers). Once there, reboot your machine.

Nope

Matthew,

That was NOT an enjoyable experience. Upon reboot AnyDVD told me that I didn't have any DVD drives (I have 2 internal drives). Devise Manager saw them, but displayed a "!" next to them and said a driver couldn't be found.

I kept the 3.0.0.5 drivers and replaced the 3.0.0.9 drivers with them. Now all is back to normal (aside from networking, but that is my fault...)

Needless to say I'm pretty sure that GJ wouldn't work since Vista couldn't access the drives.

I'll be happy to keep testing though. Thanks for your help!

Jim

Last edited:
Hmmm... Well I am an idiot :bang:

I sent you unsigned drivers... Vista 64 won't load unsigned drivers.
Here they are again.

Yep

Matthew,

You got it! The 3.0.0.9 drivers worked! Thanks! I successfully made a 64-Bit Crysis Profile. I tested it as well. It works!

Since the 3.0.0.9 beta is out, I tried that also and all works well for me too. No problems at all.

You got it (whatever "it" was).

I really appreciate it!

Jim

Back