• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game won't run: emulation software error

patzi

I'm reinstalling the Sims 2 which has Securom and it won't run, I'm assuming because I have Any DVD and Clone DVD installed. Well I uninstalled them both until I could find an alternate solution, and the game is still reporting the error. I'm just baffled. I'm thinking about getting Game Jacal to use for the last expansion pack which has only one disc. Will Game Jackal work with that?

How dare they dictate what you can and cannot have on your computer! Outrageous

I'm reinstalling the Sims 2 which has Securom and it won't run, I'm assuming because I have Any DVD and Clone DVD installed. Well I uninstalled them both until I could find an alternate solution, and the game is still reporting the error. I'm just baffled. I'm thinking about getting Game Jacal to use for the last expansion pack which has only one disc. Will Game Jackal work with that?

How dare they dictate what you can and cannot have on your computer! Outrageous

None of my SecuROM games have any issue with AnyDVD or CloneDVD. On the other hand, Virtual CloneDrive can cause issues with some games. I simply set the number of virtual drives to disabled and then play the game on the rare occasions that it happens and this usually resolves the problem.

I tried that but it didn't work. Thats why I uninstalled the programs. I just don't know what to do. Also I don't have Virtual clone drive I don't even know what it is...is that part of Any DVD?

I'm reinstalling the Sims 2 which has Securom and it won't run, I'm assuming because I have Any DVD and Clone DVD installed.

No. That has nothing to do with it. Sims 2 runs perfectly fine here.

Well I uninstalled them both until I could find an alternate solution, and the game is still reporting the error.

Then quite clearly your issue has nothing to with Anydvd nor Clonedvd.

I'm thinking about getting Game Jacal to use for the last expansion pack which has only one disc. Will Game Jackal work with that?

If the game won't run without Game Jackal, it won't run with Game Jackal either.

Back