• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game of Thrones - hardcored subtitle - Dune H1

G2MARS

Hi,

I own an old life licence of AnyDvD-HD (before you reborn from ashes as RedFox), last update 7.6.9.

1] I would like to know if this version is good enough to rip propely Game of Thrones Saison 5 and 6 ?
If somebody tried successfuly and --->

2] I am using a Dune H1 to play my ful bluray rip, not .iso just folders in this case (Version "150721_0135_b9"). I've noticed that hardcored subtitles won't play despite correct configuration of my Dune (as I'm french, I choose French by default that allows to activate french hardcored sub automaticaly for GOT), but, it's not my rip and subtitles won't play.

Any Dune H1 owners that managed to rip those saisons (international BD incl french) and were able to play it propely ? Means with hardcored subtitles activated as per BD Player configuration ?
With which version of anydvd-hd ?

Also I had a bug on the DISK 1 episode 2 if my memory is correct of the saison 6 regarding ENG AC3 HDD+ I guess with error msg "playback aborted due to i/o. Anybody had the same pb ?

I will buy a new licence if someone confirm that GOT can work propley on Dune H1 (rip full bluray).

With thanks,
G2MARS

1. If it doesn't rip, you need to provide a logfile

2. AnyDVD doesn't encode, not an anydvd problem. Blu-rays don't have hardcoded subtitles, you're likely talking about forced subtitles and still not an anydvd problem. Anydvd doesn't touch the subtitles.

As to your error, also not an anydvd issue. "playback aborted due to i/o" is not an anydvd error message.

1. If it doesn't rip, you need to provide a logfile

2. AnyDVD doesn't encode, not an anydvd problem. Blu-rays don't have hardcoded subtitles, you're likely talking about forced subtitles and still not an anydvd problem. Anydvd doesn't touch the subtitles.

As to your error, also not an anydvd issue. "playback aborted due to i/o" is not an anydvd error message.

Forced not harcored, you're right, my mistake.
I wish to have confirmation from any DUNE H1 user that Anydvd-hd rip is working 100% for saison 5 & 6 regarding forced sub before buying original BD (+/-80EUR). And with which soft ref version to avoid extra-cost if my version works.

With tks
G2

You don't need specific dune h1 confirmation. Play the anydvd rip in something like powerdvd. If the forced subtitles work there as they should, then it's not an anydvd issue. And they should, because anydvd doesn't modify subtitle behavior in any way.

This is a problem of the DUNE mediaplayers. I own a Dune HD Prime 3 and a Dune HD Max and both don't show forced subs like in GOT or Avatar. At the computer with PowerDVD the forced subs are shown. I rip fullBD, no ISO.
So this is not a problem of ANYDVDHD.

BTW: The new Dune HD Solo 4K does not have this problem anymore and will show forced subs.

You don't need specific dune h1 confirmation. Play the anydvd rip in something like powerdvd. If the forced subtitles work there as they should, then it's not an anydvd issue. And they should, because anydvd doesn't modify subtitle behavior in any way.
No it doesn't modify if forced, but has modified subs on DVD's for a while. And does even more to blu-ray sub's now. But again not whether its forced correctly or even activated.
https://www.redfox.bz/img/screenshot/anydvd-hd/en/anydvd-04-videodvd-subtitles.png
Torval,
You may have an activation problem. I have the same problems with my roku . Some work some don't. The ones that don't work properly I hard code. It does bite having to redo them, but that's the price of having it the way you want it. LOL
CloneBD does that just fine.

No it doesn't, it lets you change WHERE it is shown from the edge and that's it. When i say modify, i mean modify. As in modify the behavior if forced subtitles get shown or not, or prevent them from being shown... That anydvd will NOT do.

Torval,
You may have an activation problem. I have the same problems with my roku . Some work some don't. The ones that don't work properly I hard code. It does bite having to redo them, but that's the price of having it the way you want it. LOL
CloneBD does that just fine.
No, I don't have an activation problem.
The original disk is played without faults with the dune, so the source is not the problem.
The 1:1 copy with anydvd shows also no problems when played with powerdvd. So also the copy is not the problem.
The problem is the Dune hardware which is not able to display forced subs in the right way.
And I don't see why I should fix a hardware problem with hours of recoding or remuxen.
Instead I will buy a hardware that is capable to show these movies without problems.

Yes the activation of the forced sub's track. Is the problem on the Dune. Same problemas the Roku has. I myself would rather run them through a program. And not spend another$100 to $200 on player. But to each their own.

Back