Game Jackal Windows Vista start on windows

Discussion in 'GameJackal' started by Bellator, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Bellator

Bellator New Member

HI folks,

i have been running game Jackal ever since it was offered by Slysoft.. excellent program!

my query is in relation to startup options;

if i choose to let gamejackal start when windows starts, then Vista Will give me a message that some startup programs have been blocked. this program is allways gamejackal pro.

my version of gamejackal pro is 3.0.1.0
    my OS is Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit

there is no way i can see within Vista to tell it to let the program start without blocking it.

any ideas?

2. evlncrn8

evlncrn8 Well-Known Member

allow it in windows defender?

3. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

This will happen if you tell it not to start up during the install. I had this happen as well and you can either tell it to be ok in windows defender or you can just reinstall GJ over the old and tell it to auto start.

4. Bellator

Bellator New Member

Hey thanks for the tips. i tried uninstalling and then re-installing with the option to start up.. no dice.

also i dont have an option in windows defender that will allow this item? i did get an alert for changes in windows defender and clicked on permit then allow but when i reboot it comes up as a blocked program, i can choose to run it, but every reboot it does the same.

its just annoying haveing to turn it on manually instead of letting it start when windows does.

5. rezzer

rezzer New Member

6. matthew

matthew SlySoft Team Member

That is a clever idea :clap:
    We might look at making this one of the "Run on startup" options.

7. Bellator

Bellator New Member

Hey that solution worked a treat!

many thanks.

8. Engine_11

Engine_11 New Member

Are there comprehensive instructions to get Game Jackal running with UAC? I've tried the above methods without success. I understand that Vista UAC is the culpret but is there a basic checklist of what to try to get this to work?

I have 5 kids with thier own profiles, each one has to get me when they want to play a game. I can't give them admin access or the system would meltdown in a day.

I love this product and I've recommended it to several folks, at least 4 of who have purchased it themselves. If I could fix this one issue with UAC I would marry it!

Any further advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

9. BurnerHEAD

BurnerHEAD Well-Known Member