• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game Jackal Pro won't install

red pike

I am running Windows XP Pro, and can't install. Keep getting notice "Game Jackal is currently running," even after reboot...:confused:

Make sure that Game Jackal is not running in the background, and that it is not set to run at startup. This is out of the ordinary, but maybe you can get it to work manually by doing that.

Background applications

I checked that it's not in my startup files, and checked that it wasn't running in the Applications portion of the Task Manager. I don't know what processes to disable...if that is the problem (nothing jumps out to indicate its Game Jackal or SlySoft...or Maplom--the name on the original demo install folder).

I just rechecked my processes and found a Maplom.exe. Force quit it and install went without a hitch. I'm back in the game!

Last edited:
Glad to hear it was that simple. :clap: Did you uninstall the Maplom Game Jackal before trying to install the Slysoft one? Because if you didn't, a conflict like that is likely to happen. :agree: In any case, it works now!

I haven't found any problems updating the Maplom version with the SlySoft version, which surprised me a little.

Just remember if you are installing over the top of the Maplom version that any desktop/start menu shortcuts will still be pointing at (and will run) the old version, "maplom_sc.exe". Update your old shortcuts to point to the SlySoft's version, "gamejackal_cl.exe".

Back