• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game Jackal Pro v4.0.2.7 (release)

matthew

SlySoft Team Member
Release v4.0.2.7 - release (2010-05-28)
  • Fixed an issue that was causing exceptions when the Manager was starting, or while activating a profile.
  • Fixed an activation issue that could cause the waiting dialog box to be continually displayed.
  • Fixed a driver bug that could cause a game to display the "No CD inserted" message.
  • Improved reliability with regards to the "Conflict with Emulation software" message that appears with some titles.
  • Launchpad exe files now contains the profile's game icon (it should be noted that this currently only support 32x32 icons).
  • Added profile map for "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed".
  • Added support for client / server networking port to be changed.
  • Updated Spanish language files.
  • A number of interface updates and fixes.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Hidden feature - Launchpad
This version contains a new "beta" feature that is hidden by default. This feature is called Launchpad and provides a way to create an executable that will activate and launch a specific profile without using the manager. This executable is created in the same folder as the game's original executable.

To enable this feature, open regedit and go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\GameJackalv4" or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SlySoft\GameJackalv4" for x64 machines. Add a new DWORD values called "Enable Launchpad" and set it to "1". Restart the Game Jackal Manager, right-click on a profile and select "Install Launchpad". Once complete there will be a new executable in the game's folder that will look similar to "Game.exe_12345-12345678" where "Game.exe" is that same name as the game's original exe file.

To activate and run the game, simply use this new executable.

Last edited:
I am getting errors, BSOD's, and non-functioning profiles with 4.2.0.7
See details below.

1. 'Image Mastering API has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." error on startup of every profile. This isnt really that big of a deal, as all of the profiles but 1 work fine (Flatout Ultimate carnage).

2. BSOD on regular profiling of any GFWL game. If I run a 'Image' profile, then they do not BSOD.

3. Still no 'real' GJ desktop shortcut. I actually got a desktop shortcut this time, but it has no 'target' or 'start in' targets. There is no GameJackal.exe either. I am continuing to use manager.exe to launch GJ, and I still have v3.x installed.

4. FlatOut Ultimate Carnage still will not work. It worked fine with 3.x, but since 4.x has stopped working.

I have a full windows dump file of the bsod, but rared it is still 1.75gb, so cant attach. Matthew, let me know where to upload it to if you want it.

Attached as much as I can otherwise.

Again:
XP x64 OS

Attachments

• gj427.JPG
    gj427.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 2
  • GJDiag.rar
    813 bytes · Views: 0
  • flatoutgjlogs.rar
    8.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Well to be honest, out test against XP64 were minimal :(
I will make this a high priority and ensure full testing is done ASAP.

No Problem Matthew.

Only the BSOD is really troubling.

This version has WAY better game detection and profiling than the other 4.x versions I had tried out.
And profiling is SO much quicker also.

Now that I figured out that GFWL games need Image profiling, I can even avoid the BSOD's.
:agree:

Last edited:
Woohoo.

Finally got FlatOut UC to work.

:)

It doesnt go straight to launching the game, but it works.

Back