• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game Jackal and Vista 64-bit

jg0001

***EDITED -- see post a few items down with full listing as requested by moderator***

Does Game Jackal not work in 64-bit Vista? Everytime I run it, once I get OUT of the program I'm trying to 'jackal' I see that Vista stopped GJ with Data Execution Prevention. Even adding GJ to the DEP exclusion list does nothing to help.

Is this a known issue? I tried GJ on a 32-bit copy of XP on another PC of mine and it worked with the same two games just fine (Crysis & Juiced2).

See post #4 below for more detail...

Last edited:
Does Game Jackal not work in 64-bit Vista? Everytime I run it, once I get OUT of the program I'm trying to 'jackal' I see that Vista stopped GJ with Data Execution Prevention. Even adding GJ to the DEP exclusion list does nothing to help.

Is this a known issue? I tried GJ on a 32-bit copy of XP on another PC of mine and it worked with the same two games just fine (Crysis & Juiced2).

i use vista 64 it workd fine

note: it mightn't be gj, though dep has been an issue with old plugins... it could be the game requiring dep - some old securom and safedisc games suffer from this 'issue'.. in most cases the code in the kernel detects safedisc / securom and disables dep, but it doesn't always get it.. it's version 'ish' dependant... so try adding the game exe to the dep list...

I've tried quite a few twists now, all to no avail.

I made some changes and but it STILL crashes, it just doesn't attribute it to DEP.

I've watched it very closely on several attempts --- GJ crashes RIGHT BEFORE the game actually starts to load -- here are the steps:

(1) I drag the shortcut for a game into GJ (I also tried just creating a profile)
(2) I insert the disc when prompted
(3) GJ's notification that it is working and taking over the drive pops up
(4) RIGHT BEFORE the screen blanks for the start of the game, I see the error box pop up saying GJ has stopped working

I am using version 3.0.1.6.

Vista says:
Problem Event Name APPCRASH
Application Name GameJackal.exe
Application Version 3.0.1.6
Application Timestamp 483219a1
Fault Module Name StackHash_e52f
... and a bunch of other codes...

I have disabled as many other processes in the background as I can think of ... though none of the same cause any problems on a machine running WinXP (32-bit) for the exact same game discs. (Both games DO work outside of GJ on both machines and do work with GJ on the WinXP machine.)

I've tried quite a few twists now, all to no avail.

I made some changes and but it STILL crashes, it just doesn't attribute it to DEP.

I've watched it very closely on several attempts --- GJ crashes RIGHT BEFORE the game actually starts to load -- here are the steps:

(1) I drag the shortcut for a game into GJ (I also tried just creating a profile)
(2) I insert the disc when prompted
(3) GJ's notification that it is working and taking over the drive pops up
(4) RIGHT BEFORE the screen blanks for the start of the game, I see the error box pop up saying GJ has stopped working

I am using version 3.0.1.6.

Vista says:
Problem Event Name APPCRASH
Application Name GameJackal.exe
Application Version 3.0.1.6
Application Timestamp 483219a1
Fault Module Name StackHash_e52f
... and a bunch of other codes...

I have disabled as many other processes in the background as I can think of ... though none of the same cause any problems on a machine running WinXP (32-bit) for the exact same game discs. (Both games DO work outside of GJ on both machines and do work with GJ on the WinXP machine.)

I have no problems either with GJ on vista 64.

On Juiced2, I've found that GJ is fine UNTIL after I get out of the game, then it crashes moments later.

While it appears to have created a profile, when/if I try to run it from there, it just asks for a disc.

I'm about ready to give up... any suggestions?

On Juiced2, I've found that GJ is fine UNTIL after I get out of the game, then it crashes moments later.

While it appears to have created a profile, when/if I try to run it from there, it just asks for a disc.

I'm about ready to give up... any suggestions?

You said, "I am using version 3.0.1.6. "

Try upgrading to the newest beta. I did have some issues with certain things, and this moved it along quite nicely.

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/gj/SetupGameJackal3024.exe

Release v3.0.2.4 - rc2 (2008-07-05)

It is located at the top of the forum.

Well, that seemed BETTER.

What happens with the BETA is that it does NOT crash... once I exit the game (Juiced2 in this case) it continues to analyze the disc (which took 10 minutes) then completed without crashing. Unfortunately, when I try the game, it says "wrong disc inserted" (it's only a 1 disc game, btw). Oh well. Getting closer.

*edit: same thing happened on Crysis...

Last edited:
1. What version of Game Jackal are you running?

First tried 3.0.1.6, but that crashed on game exit (for both games tried). Later used 3.0.2.4 BETA which solved the crashing problem, but when I try to run the games, they complain that the wrong disc is inserted.

[Note: both games were easily GJ'd on a WinXP32 machine I have for testing using 3.0.1.6]

2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?

Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1

3. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles.

None of those are installed, except AnyDVDHD, but I didn't have that opened.

4. Remove packet writing software from your system

None used.

5. What protection does your game use? Provide the protection name and the version number.

Juiced2 says SecuROM version 07.33.0017
CRYSIS says SecuROM version 07.34.0014 (under the 64-bit folder; 07.36.0007 under the 32-bit folder)

6. What is the name of the game you're trying to run?

Juiced2 Hot Import Nights
CRYSIS (1.2 with 1.2 hotfix)

7. What is the version of the game?

Juiced2 Hot Import Nights (? version)
CRYSIS (updated with 1.2 + 1.2 hotfix)

8. Is it cd or dvd version?

DVD version on both

9. What region or country is the original disc from?

USA

10. What cpu are you running?

Intel Q9450

11. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader?

Samsung WriteMaster SH-S203N

12. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers.

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition version 8.0.138 (I did try fully deactivating this)

13. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.

Under 3.0.1.6, Vista killed off GameJackal saying it was closed due to an error.
Under 3.0.2.4 beta, GameJackal "seems" to work, but the profiles don't actually let me run the games -- both games complain that the original disc is not installed. (I also tried running the full image mode on Juiced2, and it didn't make a difference).

14. a) In Game Jackal, go to "General Settings"-->check "enable Advanced Logging". Now try running your profile.
You will see a log file called "Summary.log". Rename this file to

Summary.txt // uploaded

15 a) Download imgburn. // Filter Driver Load Order.

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.2.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
Upper Class Filter: maplom
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: maploml
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: maplom
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

Filter Name: maploml
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.4.5.6
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.4.5.6
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2008 SlySoft, Inc.

Attachments

• Summary.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
The only prob. I have with Crysis is that GJ starts to build the profile as soon as the game starts to load, but there is a simple fix for this. When you are making the profile when you get to the select "Locate Title" screen, click on advanced options, then uncheck the "Auto stop profile" option. Make the profile like normal, exit game, right click GJ in the system tray and end profile.

That should get your Crysis going. :)

Well, here we are, months later, and on version 3.1.1.2, I've even added a 2nd DVD drive of another brand and STILL GameJackal won't do squat on my Vista64 machine. It works just fine with the same games on my XP machine with the same exact game disc.

What gives?

On the check screen that pop's up after the profile does nothing, I notice that under TIMING (the last graph), there is nothing at all. Even redoing that piece under the check screen doesn't seem to do anything.

Last edited:
On the check screen that pop's up after the profile does nothing, I notice that under TIMING (the last graph), there is nothing at all. Even redoing that piece under the check screen doesn't seem to do anything.

I am wondering if the driver are installed correctly.
Can you try the following.
1) Edit the profile and uncheck auto start.
2) Start the profile (the game wont start).
3) Using explorer, browse to the cd/dvd drive, you should see files (this is GJ emulating the drive).

Let me know the results.

Okay. Trying to explore to the drive with the autorun feature deactivated as you ask resulted in a "No disc in drive" result -- on the second attempt. On the first attempt, windows Vista 64 blue screened and complained about maplom.sys

I have been playing Dawn of War ( I know a generic title but it came with video card) and I don't experiance this. I'll install Crysis again tomorrow and try that as well for you as I have that game and it is worth playing again.

OK got Crysis installed then when I created a profile in GJ it stated an error about a .dll missing in crysis, I reinstalled and still got the same error so I then just proceeded to make a profile and then when I tried to launch the profile I got this error:

924200880145amue2.png

I'll try to re-install it again.

Okay I tried updating the patches and it still did as above. I then uninstalled Crysis and ran CCleaner+Advanced Windows Care Personal and then reinstalled Crysis and can say it works with the latest version of GJ.

Okay. Trying to explore to the drive with the autorun feature deactivated as you ask resulted in a "No disc in drive" result -- on the second attempt. On the first attempt, windows Vista 64 blue screened and complained about maplom.sys

Hmmm... for some reason the data seems missing. There should be a"dat" file for the profile. You can check by
1) Edit the profile and note down the profile file name (at the bottom of the dialog, will be like 12345-12345678)
2) Navigate to C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\Profile Library
3) Loom for a file called 12345-12345678.dat (where 12345-12345678 is the valued you noted earlier).

Can you please post the size of the file.

File size for Juiced2 is "0KB". (The one I have for Crysis shows 1KB)

Back