• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

furious 7 DVD and Cinavia

Ranger SVO

I made a copy of Furious 7 the other day. Today I was watching it and around 15 to 20 minutes into the movie I got an error message,

"Audio outputs temporarily muted. Do not adjust the playback volume. The content being played is protected by Cinavia™and is not authorized for playback on this device."

So AnyDVD cannot remove this protection or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks for any help you may provide.

https://forum.slysoft.com/threads/furious7-no-errors-no-work.67284/

Cinavia is not a protection, its an audio DRM. Protections stop you from copying, cinavia doesn't do that. It interrupts playback AFTER the copy has been made. different mechanism.

That said, no not for DVD's it can't yet. Anydvd HD can do it for Blu-ray in combination with CloneBD, but the fix isn't perfect. For DVD's with cinavia you have 2 choices.

1) play it on a PC with a software player and enable Anydvd's "Prevent cinavia detection by software players" setting. This will prevent the SOFTWARE player from DETECTING the signal, it will NOT remove the signal

2) Play it on a DVD only standalone player. Cinavia is not officially adopted by the DVD specification and as such DVD ONLY standalone players are not required to detect the signal.

Anydvd will likely be updated to support it in a future version, but cinavia on DVD's just isn't widespread enough yet. It's only on a small number of DVD's and most of them are sony releases (main backer of cinavia).

Thanks for your response, and I have a Sony BluRay Player.

I just played the movie on a Magnavox DVD player and it worked fine, so you are right.

Thanks

Thanks for your response, and I have a Sony BluRay Player.

I just played the movie on a Magnavox DVD player and it worked fine, so you are right.

Thanks

Sony is notorious for using Cinavia on both their Blu-ray players such as the PS3/PS4 and their Sony brand DVD players, since they are the main studio using Cinavia (even though Universal is starting to use Cinavia more and more, along with LionsGate) so I would not ever buy a Sony Blu-ray/DVD player.

Sony is notorious for using Cinavia on ... their Sony brand DVD players
Really? Do you know for certain a Sony DVD (not BD) player which detects Cinavia?
I seriously doubt that.

Cinavia is not a protection, its an audio DRM. Protections stop you from copying, cinavia doesn't do that. It interrupts playback AFTER the copy has been made. different mechanism.

That said, no not for DVD's it can't yet. Anydvd HD can do it for Blu-ray in combination with CloneBD, but the fix isn't perfect. For DVD's with cinavia you have 2 choices.

1) play it on a PC with a software player and enable Anydvd's "Prevent cinavia detection by software players" setting. This will prevent the SOFTWARE player from DETECTING the signal, it will NOT remove the signal

2) Play it on a DVD only standalone player. Cinavia is not officially adopted by the DVD specification and as such DVD ONLY standalone players are not required to detect the signal.

Anydvd will likely be updated to support it in a future version, but cinavia on DVD's just isn't widespread enough yet. It's only on a small number of DVD's and most of them are sony releases (main backer of cinavia).

i checked the remove cinavia on anydvd and then did furious 7 and it didn't remove the first no audio message but it kept the audio so i thought it worked and could deal with the message alert for 10 seconds but
when the message came up again 10 minutes later it did take out the audio this time so any dvd stopped audio from going out in first message but didn't catch the second message

on doing dvd furious 7 i checked the box remove cinavia and after 10 minutes the message came up but i still had the audio and the message went out in about 5 seconds but after another 10 or 15 minutes the message
came up again and this time it took out the audio so for some reason anydvd caught the first message but not the second, hope you find a fix that takes care of all the cinavia messages not just the first. i really like
any dvd and clone dvd.

You might want to read both that post of mine you quoted in full twice. The answer is already in there. Remove cinavia doesn't work yet for DVD's. Your point options are in there.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Correction.
It's not a copy protection.
But certainly it's there for protection, and only for protection.
Instead of stopping you from making a copy - it let's you make a relatively useless copy. :whistle:
So the difference here is mostly spin and semantics.
At least there are a few good workarounds for Cinavia that do allow you to get perfect playback.
(HTPC with AnyDVD running is best; plain DVD player for DVD's; older Blu-Ray player for both)

-W

Last edited:
correction? Thats exactly the same as what i said. It doesn't stop you from copying it stops proper playback. You didn't correct anything.

correction? Thats exactly the same as what i said. It doesn't stop you from copying it stops proper playback. You didn't correct anything.

You said "Cinavia is not a protection". (You omitted the word "copy".)
It most certainly is a protection scheme.
And in the full context of "intent", it's "copy protection, after the fact".
The real enemy here is DRM - in all forms.
-W

Last edited:
It's not a copy protection, a copy protection prevents copying. Cinavia doesn't prevent copying, it 'prevents' the audio playback. As such it's a DRM, just like any other DRM like in itunes.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Last edited:
Why argue about such small points.

It is a protection against copying.

Obviously it lets you physically copy the disk, however the COPY is useless on a Licenced SA Player.

Like most protections, there are work rounds and even a level of destruction to the audio to make the embedded markings unreadable by the player.

Last edited by a moderator:
not here, there's plenty of lists a simple google search will reveal

ps: there is such a thing as an "edit" button ;)

I am trying to get Cinavia, but one thing confuses me...
I have a 2011 Vizio Bluray Player, plays my backups fine. My room mate has a Sony Bluray that detected the copy-ness of Jurassic World and did a Cinavia interrupt once, then played the whole movie fine w/o any interrupts.
I never saw a message on my Vizio, so good.
So...why does my Bluray copy of Real Steel play without a Cinavia interrupt on the Sony? If it detected the DVD Jurassic World, why did my Bluray copy slide on by? Something about the age of the copy and the audio stream?
I made 2 copies in 2011 or thereabouts, Tron Legacy and Real Steel, both of which play in the pre-Cinavia Vizio.
Does anyone know why they play in the Cinavia polluted Sony?

Last edited:
I played my copy of Furious 7 on a fairly new Samsung Blu-ray player and got the cinavia warning at about 20 mins. I then put it in an old upscaling Sony DVD player and it worked just fine. I had suspected that this would eventually happen as more people get the Blu-ray players. They are cheap and allow other internet apps on older TVs. Good DVD players are virtually gone from the market. My solution is to keep a supply of the last of the premium DVD players bought in advance of this happening. I now have a Blu-ray and a DVD player at each TV and all is good. The picture on my Samsung 4K tv is absolutely identical no matter which player I use.

It's a question of what firmware is in the player and when it was last updated for new Cinavia definitions.
The newer stuff is much better at getting the "Cinavia bust" - as it were.
-W

Back