• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

friendly drive, still had to upgrade makemkv

fatherom

Basically, just want to check that if a disc is ripping, I'm good to go ;)

I had AnyDVD 8.5.6.0, which i upgraded today to 8.6.1.0. When I did so, i couldn't rip 4K discs (error in status window about needing to upgrade makemkv). I have a friendly drive which I've used for years.

So I upgraded MakeMKV from 1.14.5 to 1.16.7...and now I'm ripping a 4K disc.

Unsure why MakeMKV was involved, since I'm using a friendly drive, but things DO seem to be working...and I'm ripping a disc. Once a disc is ripping, it's all good, right? No reason to think the ripped data would be different in any way? (compared to the older versions of the software I'd had installed?)

Thanks

If you take a look at the changelog, you will see that

8.5.9.0 2022 01 24
- New (UHD): Added support for non-friendly drives with the help of MakeMKV "Libre Drive"
MakeMKV v1.16.5 must be installed for this to work.

In other words, AnyDVD uses MakeMKV now to support more drives. However, it even uses it when the drive is friendly.

If you don't need MakeMKV for anything else, you can uninstall it. If you want to keep it, you should not get any more issues since you now have the minimum version installed.

Basically, just want to check that if a disc is ripping, I'm good to go ;)

I had AnyDVD 8.5.6.0, which i upgraded today to 8.6.1.0. When I did so, i couldn't rip 4K discs (error in status window about needing to upgrade makemkv). I have a friendly drive which I've used for years.

So I upgraded MakeMKV from 1.14.5 to 1.16.7...and now I'm ripping a 4K disc.

Unsure why MakeMKV was involved, since I'm using a friendly drive, but things DO seem to be working...and I'm ripping a disc. Once a disc is ripping, it's all good, right? No reason to think the ripped data would be different in any way? (compared to the older versions of the software I'd had installed?)

Thanks
What @DeepSpace said, but the reason for blocking older MakeMKV versions: They can interfere and cause AnyDVD's bus decryption to fail. Causing scrambled discs.

Thanks for the responses...so if the status window now says everything is OK, and the rip is proceeding, I can assume the disc rip is the same as it would've been with my old versions of the software? (and no scrambling)?

EDIT: I did look at the release notes, but it's not clear from "Added support for non-friendly drives" that friendly drives are also affected.

Thanks for the responses...so if the status window now says everything is OK, and the rip is proceeding, I can assume the disc rip is the same as it would've been with my old versions of the software? (and no scrambling)?
Yes.

EDIT: I did look at the release notes, but it's not clear from "Added support for non-friendly drives" that friendly drives are also affected.
It misses something like "and prevent MakeMKV to interfere with friendly drives".

Back