Freeze on layer break - played through media server

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by cyberdude, Sep 30, 2007.

1. cyberdude

cyberdude New Member

SO I have been using the AnyDVD / CloneDVD combo for quite some time now, and have found that I am recently running into issues and I;m not sure where the originate...

I archive my original media via the latest ver. of AnyDVD using the latest ver. of CloneDVD. All works and no errors repoerted.

I store my movies on a server, and access them through a media streamer (in this case,, aTvix 4100. Nice box.) Generally speaking, I have never had an issue, however, I have archived two movies in a row, one from many years ago (Valley of the Dolls 2) and a recent movie, (Blades of Glory). In both cases, when the movie hit the layer break, it freezes. I have to hit stop, then play agin in order for it to continue.

I know this is not an issue with the box, per say. I have around a 100 movies and all work fine. I have also gone through many firmware revisions with no effect.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a new interaction between AnyDVD and ClonDVD causing this effect.

Any thoughts? (I will cross-post this in the AnyDVD forum just in case folks feel this is strictly an AnyDVD issue.

Thanks VERY much for any and all help.

P.S. I did read through the FAQs, but they primarily refer to Disc media issues, not to streaming issues.

2. cyberdude

cyberdude New Member

SO I have been using the AnyDVD / CloneDVD combo for quite some time now, and have found that I am recently running into issues and I;m not sure where the originate...

I archive my original media via the latest ver. of AnyDVD using the latest ver. of CloneDVD. All works and no errors repoerted.

I store my movies on a server, and access them through a media streamer (in this case,, aTvix 4100. Nice box.) Generally speaking, I have never had an issue, however, I have archived two movies in a row, one from many years ago (Valley of the Dolls 2) and a recent movie, (Blades of Glory). In both cases, when the movie hit the layer break, it freezes. I have to hit stop, then play agin in order for it to continue.

I know this is not an issue with the box, per say. I have around a 100 movies and all work fine. I have also gone through many firmware revisions with no effect.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a new interaction between AnyDVD and ClonDVD causing this effect.

Any thoughts? (I will cross-post this in the AnyDVD forum just in case folks feel this is strictly an AnyDVD issue.

Thanks VERY much for any and all help.

P.S. I did read through the FAQs, but they primarily refer to Disc media issues, not to streaming issues.

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Do not create multiple threads about the exact same issue, please. :policeman:

Do not crosspost.

4. Webslinger

1. Rip using Clonedvd.

2. Watch the movie on your computer. Does it pause at the layer break position?
    What dvd player software are you using?

3. Post a Clonedvd log of the rip in question please.

5. Webslinger

And what version of Anydvd are you using?