• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Freeze on layer break - played through media server

cyberdude

SO I have been using the AnyDVD / CloneDVD combo for quite some time now, and have found that I am recently running into issues and I;m not sure where the originate...

I archive my original media via the latest ver. of AnyDVD using the latest ver. of CloneDVD. All works and no errors repoerted.

I store my movies on a server, and access them through a media streamer (in this case,, aTvix 4100. Nice box.) Generally speaking, I have never had an issue, however, I have archived two movies in a row, one from many years ago (Valley of the Dolls 2) and a recent movie, (Blades of Glory). In both cases, when the movie hit the layer break, it freezes. I have to hit stop, then play agin in order for it to continue.

I know this is not an issue with the box, per say. I have around a 100 movies and all work fine. I have also gone through many firmware revisions with no effect.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a new interaction between AnyDVD and ClonDVD causing this effect.

Any thoughts? (I will cross-post this in the AnyDVD forum just in case folks feel this is strictly an AnyDVD issue.

Thanks VERY much for any and all help.

P.S. I did read through the FAQs, but they primarily refer to Disc media issues, not to streaming issues.

SO I have been using the AnyDVD / CloneDVD combo for quite some time now, and have found that I am recently running into issues and I;m not sure where the originate...

I archive my original media via the latest ver. of AnyDVD using the latest ver. of CloneDVD. All works and no errors repoerted.

I store my movies on a server, and access them through a media streamer (in this case,, aTvix 4100. Nice box.) Generally speaking, I have never had an issue, however, I have archived two movies in a row, one from many years ago (Valley of the Dolls 2) and a recent movie, (Blades of Glory). In both cases, when the movie hit the layer break, it freezes. I have to hit stop, then play agin in order for it to continue.

I know this is not an issue with the box, per say. I have around a 100 movies and all work fine. I have also gone through many firmware revisions with no effect.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a new interaction between AnyDVD and ClonDVD causing this effect.

Any thoughts? (I will cross-post this in the AnyDVD forum just in case folks feel this is strictly an AnyDVD issue.

Thanks VERY much for any and all help.

P.S. I did read through the FAQs, but they primarily refer to Disc media issues, not to streaming issues.

Do not create multiple threads about the exact same issue, please. :policeman:

Do not crosspost.

1. Rip using Clonedvd.

2. Watch the movie on your computer. Does it pause at the layer break position?
What dvd player software are you using?

3. Post a Clonedvd log of the rip in question please.

Back