• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Freaky Friday is freaking loaded...

Okay, if you didn't have any issues at default settings, then odd_function does, indeed, have a bad original disc (or a slowly dying drive). Thank you

I'm a little confused :confused:
That's the same AnyDVD info that I got @ default.
As far as I see, BigBaaaMack has only stated what he found however,
he has not stated...at least not... yet that it was a successfull duplicated this disc w/default settings. So, lets wait and see :):bowdown:

yet that it was a successfull duplicated this disc w/default settings

I would presume that he has (based on other threads that he has participated in). Also James is pretty certain that you do have a bad original disc (however, it's also possible to me that your drive(s) is/are starting to go), and I do trust what James says.

...Also James is pretty certain that you do have a bad original disc...

If I do have a bad original disc, (or Drive) how is it possible simply by forcing the AI scanner I'm able to backup this title with no problems? :confused:
A usual bad disc would trigger a read error doesn't it?;) :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
If I do have a bad original disc, how is it possible simply by forcing the AI scanner I'm able to backup this title with no problems?

I would guess that the A.I. scanner is interpreting the read errors as a bad sector protection and removing them. But James would know better than I do.

A usual bad disc would trigger a read error doesn't it?

Yeah, but not if the A.I. scanner is somehow circumventing them, when it is forced on.

Last edited:
...the A.I. scanner is interpreting the read errors as a bad sector protection and removing them.

:eek: If that's the case, James' AI scanner has made a breakthrough then :rock: ...very impresive :clap:

:eek: If that's the case, James' AI scanner has made a breakthrough then :rock: ...very impresive :clap:

Not really . . . you forced the A.I. scanner on, and if what I wrote is true, then you may be removing valid material. Anyway, I'm just guessing, really.

So far, the backups' main movie has played without a hitch. Even the bonus plays fine *Shrugs* :bowdown:

I'm just speaking generally here: when a program skips over a read error that contains valid material, you may not notice anything--depending on the size of that error, but you're still missing material, regardless (even if it's less than half a second of material).

Sorry, I just got back home.

Info for AnyDvd 6.4.3.2 is the same. I used default settings.

Backed up movie only some time ago, I would say by the info Apr 2006:

Media Information
Disc Regions are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
CSS Protected No
Media code/Manufacturer ID MAXELL 002
Media code/Manufacturer ID MAXELL 002
UDF Format Type V1.02
UDF Volume Name FREAKY_FRIDAY
UDF Application id ELBY CLONEDVD
UDF Implementation id ELABORATE BYTES
UDF Recording Date/Time (mm/dd/yyyy) 4/29/2006 12:36:46
Format Capacity 4.36GB(4.68GB)
Book Type DVD-ROM
Media Type DVD+R
Manufacturer Rated Speed 8.0x 11080KBps
Data area starting sector 30000h
Data area end sector 22E19Fh
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 1

Answer to your question, no problems backing up.

Info for AnyDvd 6.4.3.2 is the same. I used default settings. Answer to your question, no problems backing up.

Why did you do movie only? :confused: Why not FULL disc? I am aware if you do movie only in default, it will copy no trouble. But see, I did full disc so, I had to force the AI scanner for the full disc to copy.

Answer to your question, no problems backing up.

I understand but, you didn't use full disc backup so that was not very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would presume that he has...
He did but, not full disc backup as he has confirmed. Movie only is a no issue. But full disc requires forced AI scanner. or removes some title sets like James has mentioned.

What is the UPC of this disc, odd_function? I may be able to check it out but I'm not wasting my time to find out that I'm dealing with a different disc than odd_function has.

Is the UPC code 786936222654?

What is the UPC of this disc, odd_function? I may be able to check it out but I'm not wasting my time to find out that I'm dealing with a different disc than odd_function has.

Is the UPC code 786936222654?

Don't sweat it...;) I already copied this disc w/ forced AI scanner and, honestly, it seems to copied perfectly. I was just clarifying my point :)

Is the UPC code 786936222654? Yes

Odd_function, the reason I didn't do a full backup was "movie only" (Title 1) was at 78%. This is around the maximum compression I would want. I would use CloneCD for a full backup on a DL or put the special features on another +R disc. I can do this on a rewriteable and report back tomorrow. Let me know.

Last edited:
Is the UPC code 786936222654? Yes

Odd_function, the reason I didn't do a full backup was "movie only" (Title 1) was at 78%. This is around the maximum compression I would want. I would use CloneCD for a full backup on a DL or put the special features on another +R disc. I can do this on a rewriteable and report back tomorrow. Let me know.

Just use Clonedvd and rip the entire disc (uncompressed) to your hard drive. If that works, clearly the problem isn't Anydvd.

Webslinger, you did mean use the AnyDVD ripper and rip entire disc to harddrive?

Did that, no problems whatsoever. Title 15 is 2:14:14 in time and has 652 chapters. If I was to make a full copy using CloneDvd, the scanner on default took quite a few minutes to complete. Compression was at 48%/56% with English only.

Webslinger, you did mean use the AnyDVD ripper and rip entire disc to harddrive?

Did that, no problems whatsoever.

Thank you. Clearly, odd_function has either a bad original disc or slowly dying drive(s).

If I was to make a full copy using CloneDvd, the scanner on default took quite a few minutes to complete. Compression was at 48%/56% with English only.

Right. I meant set Clonedvd to "+/- R DL", so that no compression occurs and just rip to your hard drive using Clonedvd. The compression is what accounts for the extra time. Clonedvd actually rips faster than Anydvd ripper.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Last edited:

NO, don't use the ripper function in AnyDVD to rip the disc to HDD, use "Clone DVD clone a DVD including all titles and menus." option that's what I used. :bowdown:

Did that, no problems whatsoever. Title 15 is 2:14:14 in time and has 652 chapters.

652 chapters. Does that sound right to you? The main movie is est. 1:38 with 12 chapters. When there is a title set with 652 chapters...you know something is not right. :bowdown:

...the scanner on default took quite a few minutes to complete.

You can tell something is not going right.

Compression was at 48%/56% with English only.

The movie has English/Spanish subtitles. And audio languages available is English / French.

Clonedvd actually rips faster than Anydvd ripper.

I have never tried the AnyDVD ripper on this title so, I have no idea if that would work.

Did that, no problems whatsoever. Title 15 is 2:14:14 in time and has 652 chapters.

Now obviously, he admited into ripping a 652 chapter title set with no problems. There is just one problem: That's gotta be one big bogus title set I have ever heard off. 652 chapters is clearly overkill.

Back