• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Forced subtitles not flagged as forced when MP4 container created

bjjones

Like the title, when the content has a forced subtitle checked the resulting download contains the subtitle stream (they're way smaller then the full subtitle) but the flag isn't set for "forced" so it doesn't get auto played unless it's directly selected. Even though it's identified as forced but not flagged as such it shows up in the player as a 2nd discrete subtitle track instead of being hidden.

I found it in the netflix series Dark where the "forced" subtitle in this case is a translation at the very beginning of the episode. I double checked the behavior watching it on the app and also doing a download via the app and playing the dl'ed version (iPad), the "forced" subtitle stream is always played even if the full length subtitle isn't selected, there's not even a CC choice in the player for the forced version. Here's a C&P attached from Mediainfo for the relevant section - I think the 3rd item from the bottom is the culprit.

And kudos on the new batch function, it's fantastic

Attachments

• forced_mediainfo.jpg
    forced_mediainfo.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Dark - S02E01 - Beginnings and Endings.astlog
    290.4 KB · Views: 2
I know at least 2 other threads where this issue has been mentioned ... I think the devs are already aware ;)

@cartman0208 thanks

Anyone know of a good tool that I could use to just go in and alter that flag without rebuilding/reencoding the whole container? There's one strictly for .mkv's that's really straight forward but I haven't found a similar one that does the same for MP4s. I'm digging into ffmpeg now as it looks like there might be a way to do it through that. Thanks for any pointers

I always suggest StaxRip. Might be a bit tricky first, but once you get the hang of it...
But I remux to MKV anyway

Back