• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

For weeks now: try to setup a PC with SW BD-player...

gga01

Hi,
I did setup a PC for BD playback, basic config:
AMD6000 dualcore, ATI 3450, XP SP3, plenty of RAM and HD space, full HD playback.

After weeks of frustrating testing the only left SW player was TMT, which is able to playback from harddisk plus working audio SPDIF 5.1 output.
Remaining problem is: either I try to use TMT with hardware video acceleration, which screws the screen output after a few seconds, or I disable HW acc., which utilize CPU's up to 100% -> fluent picture, but every few minutes it stucks for a few seconds with CPU's to 100%.

Does anybody has a suggestion how to configure a PC without these problems?

Thanks in advance
Gerhard

PowerDVD will play fine from harddrive, you just need to rip the films as an ISO and mount it in Virtual Clone Drive

Remaining problem is: either I try to use TMT with hardware video acceleration, which screws the screen output after a few seconds

That may actually be an ATI Catalyst 9.1 driver bug.

Hi,
I did setup a PC for BD playback, basic config:
AMD6000 dualcore, ATI 3450, XP SP3, plenty of RAM and HD space, full HD playback.

After weeks of frustrating testing the only left SW player was TMT, which is able to playback from harddisk plus working audio SPDIF 5.1 output.
Remaining problem is: either I try to use TMT with hardware video acceleration, which screws the screen output after a few seconds, or I disable HW acc., which utilize CPU's up to 100% -> fluent picture, but every few minutes it stucks for a few seconds with CPU's to 100%.

Does anybody has a suggestion how to configure a PC without these problems?

Thanks in advance
Gerhard

One add info: tried to use it with one screen attached only, older driver, etc.: same result. It works fine with HW acc. if I play the BD in a window, changing to full screen srews it....
Any idea ?

ADBEAR: your hint with ISO is true, but as I don't know how to rip only the main movie to an ISO without ripping the whole BD first, I take the main movie only to HD (it takes foreever with appr. 10MB/sec).

Back