• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

For those with Blu-ray 4K UHD discs

shoek

I've read that the assumption is that the first batch of UHD discs will only use "Basic" AACS 2.0, not the Extended variant.

Can those of you that have these discs try it with your player disconnected from the internet?
If it still works, then I think we can deduce that it is "Basic" AACS 2.0 that does not verify the disc's key against a server. The Basic protection should be easier to reverse engineer someday than the Extended version that would need a man-in-the-middle style key server on your network (or something of that sort), complicating things greatly.

I would suspect that the initial discs would be AACS 2.0 "Basic". I think part of it is to slowly work into people accepting the online connection rather than going full throttle from the get go. On top of that the disc production needs to ramp up more before they really start pumping out UHD discs like they do with BD.

Obviously, I could be entirely wrong but given that AACS 2.0 is a new animal I think the online aspect isn't necessary... yet.

Back