• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Flight problem

nitewulf69

I'm attaching a log file. I can burn a disc using 1 click DVD Copy, but the file size is only 234 MBs (movie only). I was able to rip a copy to the HD , but the rip took an unusually long time. I have backed up over 2000 DVDs so I know how to use all the programs including AnyDVD. Is there a problem with Flight, possibly new copy protection or could it be something in the 7.1.4.4. beta?

View attachment AnyDVD_7.1.4.4_Info_F_FLIGHT.zip

How big was the rip to the harddrive? And what happens if you then run that rip through one click?
This may be down to the issue described in number 4 of the Global FAQ sticky

I am gone lean towards new protection as main movie is in VTS_05 set and it has 7 VOB file with it. I don't think based on this movie could be 234 MB file.

OP should wait for slysoft member to chime in.

I'm attaching a log file. I can burn a disc using 1 click DVD Copy, but the file size is only 234 MBs (movie only). I was able to rip a copy to the HD , but the rip took an unusually long time. I have backed up over 2000 DVDs so I know how to use all the programs including AnyDVD. Is there a problem with Flight, possibly new copy protection or could it be something in the 7.1.4.4. beta?

No, the disc works just fine with AnyDVD 7.1.4.4. You might want to use software which is known to work, like elby CloneDVD2.

No, the disc works just fine with AnyDVD 7.1.4.4. You might want to use software which is known to work, like elby CloneDVD2.

James, I used CloneDVD2 and it did indeed burn a good copy. It must be 1 click's problem as their software (in the movie only mode) reported 234 MBs in Title Set 14 with all other title sets reporting 0. I suspected it was their problem, but just wanted you guys to check. Thanks for your help as always.

New Beta

Works just fine with new beta 7.1.4.4

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.4.4_Info_F_FLIGHT.zip
    674 KB · Views: 28
Mixed results on playback

Ripped the DVD using AnyDVD HD 7.1.4.4 as an ISO no problem.
Plays back fine on my PC using PowerDVD
But when playing back to a media streaming device, it locks up and won't even launch
Been a long time customer with hundreds of successful rips and this is the first time I have ever seen this problem where it won't play on my device...

Just for grins I tried using a competing tool (D*Fab) and it shows the disc size as 41 GB and would not rip it at all

Logcat and screenshot attached

Using clonedvd mobile, as soon as I try to back it up I get the failure as pictured in the screenshot.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.4.4_Info_E_FLIGHT.zip
    679.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Flight.jpg
    Flight.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 19
Ripped the DVD using AnyDVD HD 7.1.4.4 as an ISO no problem.
Plays back fine on my PC using PowerDVD
But when playing back to a media streaming device, it locks up and won't even launch
Been a long time customer with hundreds of successful rips and this is the first time I have ever seen this problem where it won't play on my device...

Just for grins I tried using a competing tool (D*Fab) and it shows the disc size as 41 GB and would not rip it at all
If you own CloneDVD then create an ISO from the original disc using that. If you don't own CloneDVD then try ripping the disc to folder then make an ISO of that folder using imgburn

Last edited:
DVD version, Region 1, ripped fine for me using the built in anydvd ripper. I was then able to do with it as I pleased (such as DVDShrink it). Couldn't get it to work with any other programs in combination with anydvd but that happens from time to time with new discs and usually gets fixed with a later release.

So if you have the dvd version, rip it using the "rip video dvd to hard disk" and then do what you will with it afterwards.

Great, but

DVD version, Region 1, ripped fine for me using the built in anydvd ripper. I was then able to do with it as I pleased (such as DVDShrink it). Couldn't get it to work with any other programs in combination with anydvd but that happens from time to time with new discs and usually gets fixed with a later release.

So if you have the dvd version, rip it using the "rip video dvd to hard disk" and then do what you will with it afterwards.

That "rip first" is quite the usual thing one must do if you don't use CloneDVD2 to handle the authoring/burning. You do not have CloneDVD and no change is pending for AnyDVD for this disc anymore. AnyDVD handled this correctly.

Business as usual

James, I used CloneDVD2 and it did indeed burn a good copy. It must be 1 click's problem as their software (in the movie only mode) reported 234 MBs in Title Set 14 with all other title sets reporting 0.

This is a usual scenario for 1click and other OEM processing programs.
Most OEM/third-party burn programs or processing software will NOT support on-the-fly READ and then WRITE, especially with newer DVDs.
This means you will run into problems trying to use AnyDVD in the background with these products since they can not handle newer sector protections like CloneDVD2 can.

TIP for the future: OEM burning program and processing issues? Try to use the option "rip video ...." on the AnyDVD tray icon's right mouse menu and then process from the hard drive, not the DVD. As you know, CloneDVD2 which does not have this limitation and can be used w/o ripping first. :D

You need to do this with EVERY disk that AnyDVD reports "found and removed structural copy protection". That's the way it will be.

-W

Frank, that's what I did when I realized there was a problem with 1 Click and this particular disc. Even with it ripped to the HD, 1 click still only reported this disc as being 234 MBs. I noticed that later in the day they pushed a Cprx update which apparently resolved the problem. But yes the points are valid that CloneDVD2 probably does a better job "on the fly" and ripping to a HD folder first is also preferable for many newer discs. In summation though, 1 click does the job 99.9% of the time and is just that: 1 click. In the few cases like Flight, I simply revert to CloneDVD2, DVD Shrink or one of the other programs I have. Sorry if I was a little premature, but was just curious as to whether this was a new copy protection and apparently it was being handled as it should by AnyDVD.

try this

Originally I had the same problem with FLIGHT and ALEX CROSS; both are from the same studio. I took the disc out and reboot the computer. Then I went to the AUTO_Play configurations and changed auto play options to TAKE NO ACTION on everything. After that, both discs worked as expected. Additional files on mixed content are on these DVD's and it triggers the Auto Play option and interfered with AnyDVD's ripping.

This work for me. 8)

fascinating

Thanks for this tip. A most interesting trick.

Back