• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

File too large to copy

Clonedvd doesn't scan, sounds like on 2nd screen you didn't set the shrink to DVD-5

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Clonedvd doesn't scan, sounds like on 2nd screen you didn't set the shrink to DVD-5

You're right, it was not a scan. Used the wrong term. I mean, when it was building the files before the copy process, pop up window , copy unsuccessful, file too large. I've always left the default settings, that is DVD-5. No changes.

Of a note, I did "copy titles" and it copied but skipped the main menu.

Last edited:

CloneDVD DOES scan the titles, then starts processing files. Just so you know.

Please try to set AI scanner to "always enabled" for this disc. Any difference?

James, same result even with the new release 7530.

I can try ripping to image to hard disk

Last edited:
Rip to hard disk no problems. When I use CloneDVD, via copy titles, as I select each title, the quality starts at 100% and after selecting all, the quality drops to 4%.

Rip to hard disk no problems. When I use CloneDVD, via copy titles, as I select each title, the quality starts at 100% and after selecting all, the quality drops to 4%.

can you use clonedvd's write existing data option to write to files? if not, you can rip to image.

can you use clonedvd's write existing data option to write to files? if not, you can rip to image.

After using AnyDVD with the two options, Rip Video DVD to Hard Disk, and also Rip to Image, both were successful, but when I use CloneDVD's option to "write existing Data" .. before it starts writing to media, I get a dialogue box "Source Data too large. The writer is not capable writing the source media as requested. To write these DVD files, please use the Copy DVD titles, or Clone DVD option from the start screen." So I check the size of the source file on HDD, and it is 6.59gb. The same size on the DVD disc.

I chose "Rip to image" .. and it was successful, but I wanted to put the files on a DVD, and CloneDVD will not let me do it, because the Source Data is too large 6.59 GB.

That may be but are you using the correct blanks? It wouldn't be the first time someone is using single layer blanks when burning double layer or using CD-R's when burning either

That may be but are you using the correct blanks? It wouldn't be the first time someone is using single layer blanks when burning double layer or using CD-R's when burning either

The source DVD is a Dual layer DVD, evident on the image file size 6.59 gb. My understanding is that with CloneDVD and the setting is DVD-5, it compresses the source DVD to fit into a 4.7 gb DVD.

That understanding is correct, but if you shrink to DVD-5 size (4.35GB) and insert a blank CD (with at most can hold 700MB) it still won't fit will it? You can't burn 4.35GB on a disc that only holds 700MB. Which is why i asked, are you sure you're inserting a blank DVD and not a blank CD by mistake?

That understanding is correct, but if you shrink to DVD-5 size (4.35GB) and insert a blank CD (with at most can hold 700MB) it still won't fit will it? You can't burn 4.35GB on a disc that only holds 700MB. Which is why i asked, are you sure you're inserting a blank DVD and not a blank CD by mistake?

I can see your point. It's true that someone could mistakenly use a CD to copy a DVD by mistake. But in this case, I am using Verbatim Life Series -R. I still cannot put this image on Disc, or Cloning.

File Size

Try This I got mine to work.

At the Title screen if u see more then 1 file of the main movie unselect them besides one and the other leave unselect the the main movie part then the rest will be fine I had to do that with expendables 3 and it work. Try that and let me know

Thanks

At the Title screen if u see more then 1 file of the main movie unselect them besides one and the other leave unselect the the main movie part then the rest will be fine I had to do that with expendables 3 and it work. Try that and let me know

Thanks

I will try that. Thanks !

Thanks

I did that, and after CloneDVD scanning the DVD, the quality only shows 4%...

Burn without menus. If you burn it this way it will copy the DVD
:disagree:

Yes, I also did this, but I needed the menus, because this is like a book, where I need to select which chapters to read. Unlike movies where it is ok to watch the entire play. But this is like a book, that if I wanted to read a different chapter, I need to go to the menu and select the chapter(s) I wanted to read/watch.

I bought this DVD like 7 years ago. And I am noticing some degradation of quality, so I wanted to make a back up just in case. Seems I'm not going to be able to back it up, because CloneDVD is not compressing the files to fit into the 4.7 gb disc. Don't know why because it does the other DVD's.

I did that, and after CloneDVD scanning the DVD, the quality only shows 4%...

Yes, I also did this, but I needed the menus, because this is like a book, where I need to select which chapters to read. Unlike movies where it is ok to watch the entire play. But this is like a book, that if I wanted to read a different chapter, I need to go to the menu and select the chapter(s) I wanted to read/watch.

I bought this DVD like 7 years ago. And I am noticing some degradation of quality, so I wanted to make a back up just in case. Seems I'm not going to be able to back it up, because CloneDVD is not compressing the files to fit into the 4.7 gb disc. Don't know why because it does the other DVD's.

Since you haven't had another answer from James about the disc, try using Shrink with AnyDVD running in the background and see if the results are better or the same.

Back