• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Feature Request: User Setting to 'Exclude Extras'

zero269

Hello,

It would be great to have a User Setting in AS that will automatically Exclude Extras 'when downloading entire seasons'. This will help those of us that like fewer clicks when downloading entire seasons… and don't want the Extras :)… and would like to avoid having to exclude or remove them from the queue manually. I'm prone to forget to do this and find myself deleting them sometime later.

It could be added to the Download settings tab in AS where the User need only check a box that tells AS to 'Exclude Extras'… and that it only works when using the Download all method.

EDIT: as @DeepSpace pointed out, this currently only applies to prime video.
And on that note, perhaps this setting would be better suited on the Provider settings tab instead...

For those that would benefit from this feature, be sure to show your support by liking this post and/or providing a supportive comment to this thread…

Some things to consider:

How AS handles these Extras is dependent on how they are added to the download queue. Sometimes as episodes and sometimes as movies. This is why I proposed expressing this in the settings, 'when using the Download all method'.

I tested this out using the following methods.
Note: Yellow highlights when treated as episodes and green when treated as movies; first three images only.

Selecting everything in the list, or selecting all Extras and at least one episode in the list:

1694716455146.png

Selecting only some Extras and at least one episode in the list:

1694716460533.png

Selecting only the Extras:

1694716465649.png

This is where things get interesting, but I'm confident this is not a common use case. First I added the entire season, and then went back and added just 1 Extra (green), then just 2 Extras (blue), then all 3 Extras (orange/yellow?):

1694716472614.png

Last edited:
You are only talking about Amz right? Because D+ etc has no extras and also not the IMAX versions that some movies has.
It would be easier to just give them a seperate drop-down like the Seasons have on other sites. That way no one has to mess with a setting. But that drop-down should only be visible when there actually are any extras, to give a visual indication that they are without any need to ever click on it.

It would be easier to just give them a seperate drop-down like the Seasons have on other sites. That way no one has to mess with a setting. But that drop-down should only be visible when there actually are any extras, to give a visual indication that they are without any need to ever click on it.
That's certainly another way to achieve the same results. (y) I'm on board with any solution that makes it easier to 'exclude extras' when downloading entire seasons.

I prefer to just click Downloadable videos > Enter > Enter
... then just rinse and repeat per season. :cool:

Back