• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Feature Request] CRC

ondratel

I was wondering if AnyDVD Image Ripper could get another check box:

'Create CRC Checksums'

I.e. alongside the .iso creation, it would also create a .sha/.md5/... file with the CRC hash.

You can use third party tools to create CRC checksums.

You can use third party tools to create CRC checksums.

True, but it would take much longer. The ripper can calculate a hash while writing. An external tool would need to read the whole file ...
And it wouldn't detect incorrectly written data.

Why not use something like Teracopy Pro to do the copying? It calculates a CRC on the fly, and can then do a verify pass on the copied file.

Just one solution. Many others I would imagine

True, but it would take much longer. The ripper can calculate a hash while writing. An external tool would need to read the whole file ...
And it wouldn't detect incorrectly written data.

Exactly. :agree:

It would be nice to have a choice of hashes like MD5, SHA-1 or even SHA-256 for the paranoid.

It would be nice to have a choice of hashes like MD5, SHA-1 or even SHA-256 for the paranoid.

MD5 will do. Actually, even a CRC32 should be sufficient.

Come to think of it, the CRC could actually serve as unique identifier for each Blu-ray Disc either for the Slysoft d-base or just as a referrer in a general discussion on the boards. As we know, discs not only vary between regions, but also within. With new pressings the BDs may slightly change or there are several versions of a movie right from the start (e.g. Avatar, Stargate 15th Anniversary Edition etc.) ...so the point I'm trying to make - a hash is a definite ID of any batch of BDs so if anyone wants to point to a precise version of a movie, they only need to post its MD5.

Back