• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Failed to send host key!

Jamie

I am trying to rip "The Peanuts Movie" 4k UHD disc and I get the following error on the anydvd status window. "Failed to send host key!". I've had this disc for over a year and I am now getting around to ripping it. I have checked other uhd discs and they look fine. I am also able to rip this disc in makemkv. I do have the latest key file as of yesterday.

I have attached the log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.8.0_Info_D_THE PEANUTS MOVIE_44CDF3B9_A027CF83.ziplog
    3.5 MB · Views: 7
Try the latest version

Edit: And in case you use DVDs, you should set the region of your drive. Exit AnyDVD before doing so.

I am trying to rip "The Peanuts Movie" 4k UHD disc and I get the following error on the anydvd status window. "Failed to send host key!".

Jamie, are you unable to view or rip the movie?

I've seen this message before but don't believe it prevented me from playing the UHD....

T

I am trying to rip "The Peanuts Movie" 4k UHD disc and I get the following error on the anydvd status window. "Failed to send host key!". I've had this disc for over a year and I am now getting around to ripping it. I have checked other uhd discs and they look fine. I am also able to rip this disc in makemkv. I do have the latest key file as of yesterday.

I have attached the log file.
There is no error. Errors will abort with a message box yelling at you. All is well.

There is no error. Errors will abort with a message box yelling at you. All is well.
As James said, The disc did rip and I was able to play the disc in Powerdvd 22. James what does this message mean? I do not see it in the status window for any other uhd disc. The first thing I do before ripping a disc is to look at the anydvd status window to see whether it is supported, or not. This message caught me off guard so I reported it in the forum before trying to rip it.

Sorry for the false alarm. Thank you everyone for your quick response and I did try the latest beta as suggested but there was no change in the message. Also, I will change the region code. I do not rip many dvds any more

It's just a warning to let everyone know that there were some issues AnyDVD resolved. For the more sensitive user it looks like a problem - it isn't. As long as AnyDVD only sends warnings and no errors everything is fine.

I am curious about what the message means too so perhaps I am a SNAR (Sensitive New Age Ripper) :p
Which one?
WARNING: Bus encryption not present! <- Nothing to do
Failed to send host key! <- AnyDVD is stupid, as there still is nothing to do. But it doesn't matter, as there is nothing to do....
AnyDVD Beta fixes this stupidity.

EDIT: Note to myself, suppress all warning messages as they seem to confuse people

Which one?
WARNING: Bus encryption not present! <- Nothing to do
Failed to send host key! <- AnyDVD is stupid, as there still is nothing to do. But it doesn't matter, as there is nothing to do....
AnyDVD Beta fixes this stupidity.

EDIT: Note to myself, suppress all warning messages as they seem to confuse people
Yeah. They do. :giggle:

Well, if it says Failed to do something I will be concerned if it matters for my rip etc. So maybe it should not be labelled as a big warning, but as a note.

Back