• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

External hard drive

wrcollinsjr

I'm in need of an external hard drive to store blu rays on. I want to be able to watch them on my pc at home. Anybody got any ideas at to which one?

External harddrive

I use a Western Digital since it is so compatable with PS3. I have a 2 TB and have loaded about 900 movies on it so far and it's not even half full.

External hard drives

I have a question for you.........can I use Clone to drop the DVD's strait on the external hard drive? I'm burning a copy with clone and then dropping them on the hard drive with a program called "Handbrake". It's time consuming and there has to be a way I just have not figured it out.

I don't use DVD clone. I use AnyDVD to rip to hard drive and VirtualCloneDrive to playback

I don't use DVD clone. I use AnyDVD to rip to hard drive and VirtualCloneDrive to playback

This is wrong, AnyDVD gives you a big warning when you rip to image on a DVD. Don't just click it away, you need to read and understand it. The fact it's worked for you so far has just been good luck.

This is wrong, AnyDVD gives you a big warning when you rip to image on a DVD. Don't just click it away, you need to read and understand it. The fact it's worked for you so far has just been good luck.

Maybe I don't know how the system works and need more training on how to work the system but if you will come over to where we live, I'll be glad to show you what happens when the "rip to image" button is pushed.

I do NOT rip DVDs...I BUY blu ray movies and rip them to hard drive to preserve the original disk. Ripping DVDs is jail food

I use a Western Digital since it is so compatable with PS3. I have a 2 TB and have loaded about 900 movies on it so far and it's not even half full.

You would not be able to fit 900 blu ray movies on a 2T hard drive.
DVD = 3gigs
Blu ray = 30 gigs

Lol why on earth would he buy a 500GB external drive when he's got an internal drive 4x that size. Your reply is totally besides the point

I have a question for you.........can I use Clone to drop the DVD's strait on the external hard drive? I'm burning a copy with clone and then dropping them on the hard drive with a program called "Handbrake". It's time consuming and there has to be a way I just have not figured it out.

On Clone's Output page, there's an option to select the destination of the ISO/DVD files you're about to rip. As long as your computer can access the external hard drive - ie its not connected to an non-networked PS3 in the basement - I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use it as a destination... Though I haven't personally tried ripping to a network attached external destination. But I have, in the past, ripped to external hard drives connected directly to my desk/laptop without any issue...

discovered = usable

As long as that drive is discovered by CloneDVD it is addressable in "DVD Files" or "ISO/UDF Image" as a target for the output file.
It must only be plugged before you start CloneDVD.

Back