• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

External Blu-ray Burner?

Mylamber

Guys, all I have is a laptop. I've been doing some research and it seems like there are very few EXTERNAL blue ray burners out there. I've seen players, but hardly no burners.

Does anyone have a recommendation on which one to get?

Also, if I use my burner and the slysoft anydvd HD software, what blue ray writable disk should I use? 25gb or 50gb? Are most blue ray movies on the 25gb format? It seems like 50gb discs are still expensive!

Or if I use a 25gb blue ray writable disk, will anydvdHD just compress the movie onto it? If so, will I notice the difference?

Thanks in advance to any info you guys have!
~Mylamber

Anydvd decrypt and it does not compress.
Most blu-ray are 50 GB disc.
Slysoft is developing application which will compress blu-ray.

For Burner LG seems to be good choice. Depending on you laptop it may not be upto task buy desktop with core i7 processor.

Hawk,

Thanks for the info, Are you able to link the LG you recommended?

I have a duel core 2.50Ghz 4gig ram Dell XPS. I think it should do decenlty. Also, can you link or recommend a site to buy the 50gig blue ray disks?

Thanks!

~Mylamber

Buffalo

Try the Buffalo BRHC-6316U2 Also Megamedia.com For media

I just bought a lacie external blu-ray,dvd/cd burner,but it is actually a pioneer burner...works pretty good.i've been buying my blank blu-ray discs off ebay.hope this helped you

Most Blu-ray movies that i have noticed are 50gb big

A lot of discs are 50gb, but if you run them through ClownBD and make a 'movie only' disc then most fit onto a 25gb disc, failing that you could always use BD rebuilder to shrink the disc to 25gb

Back