• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Experience with PDVD live

sondeterra

Had to remove all PDVD live using revo uninstaller in safe mode to update from PDVD 14 to 15 this resulted in a proper install, permitting cinavia fix to work again, permitted resume in PDVD 15 to work. The amount of junk that was removed by REVO was incredible. To mcmenace over the top installs don't always remove or properly remove data and can result in the symptoms you experienced .

Had to remove all PDVD live using revo uninstaller in safe mode to update from PDVD 14 to 15 this resulted in a proper install, permitting cinavia fix to work again, permitted resume in PDVD 15 to work. The amount of junk that was removed by REVO was incredible. To mcmenace over the top installs don't always remove or properly remove data and can result in the symptoms you experienced .

Thanks for you suggestion. I have Your Uninstaller and use it to remove programs. Has a super mode that scans the registry and whole pc for leftover junk. Have been guilty of not properly uninstalling cloneBD before applying the updates though, think I'll do that now with latest one.

Good idea :) I do still believe it was cloneBD causing my PC to crash because an update started it and an update stopped it. Never crashed before one update, hasn't crashed since another.

Thanks for you suggestion. I have Your Uninstaller and use it to remove programs. Has a super mode that scans the registry and whole pc for leftover junk. Have been guilty of not properly uninstalling cloneBD before applying the updates though, think I'll do that now with latest one.

Good idea :) I do still believe it was cloneBD causing my PC to crash because an update started it and an update stopped it. Never crashed before one update, hasn't crashed since another.

Did what you suggested, sounded like a good idea. Got rid of the "junk" and then some. Now every movie fails, complete with PC crashing w/o blue screen, as before until finally whatever was causing it opened up my email client and a file was there waiting to send to elby. PC runs great until attempting backup with anyDVD HD/cloneBD :(

After reading below, I made a mistake. Your idea might work for other stuff, but obviously this is not designed to require a clean install before updating.....

If you have already installed one or more of our products you can easily update them by installing the most recent version on top of them. If prompted, please reboot your computer after installation.

Now I might be missing required files, although logically everything needed should be in latest updates in case someone just bought the programs. There is no update or full versions as some other places so it's safe to believe all that's needed should be in the updates but hard to tell now. I dunno but I'm back to not being able to back up ANY movie, after successfully doing 100's. Only change was uninstalling and reinstalling as you suggested. :bang:

I hope you just didn't have me do this because of my prior disagreements with certain individuals, but it does show why I did not mess with my PC when it was supposedly the cause, even tho like now, it only crashed when backing up a movie.

There is nothing wrong with a 6 month old custom built PC that only crashes while trying to make a back up first until a cloneBD update removed bugs and now only after "super" removing the programs and reinstalling them when upon further investigation it was not recommended.

I think I'm better off trying to deal with support. So far here I've bought a Bluray Player that was supposed to be pre-cinavia, ended up having to return it. Listened to how my PC was causing what's happening now, crashing only while attempting backups.....and on and on with a bunch of stuff that didn't even make sense. In the end I was proven right. A couple times previously I got legit info, now I believe I'm just being messed with. WTF??

If my fault apologies

My comments were for the problems I was having with PDVD live.

1. Any time one uses a registry cleaner or third-party uninstaller tool there are inherent risks. There are times when either not all files/registry entries might be removed, a shared file might be removed, or a file/registry entry that should not be removed is removed, etc. I always add a disclaimer whenever I mention such tools specifically because of this. If things are not properly done then the result can be a serious headache.
  2. I've run into problems before with PowerDVD and Nero where a bad uninstall using the regular included uninstaller and even attempting to clean up orphaned files/registry entries did not help at all. With respect to PowerDVD I managed to fix it - don't ask me to remember how because, frankly, it was too long ago, I don't remember, and it took a lot of messing around with me not keeping track of the steps - but with Nero the problem was never resolved until I did a clean install of Windows. I was never able to reinstall without getting an error and I gave up. Once upon a time Nero had a separate uninstall tool to cleanly and completely remove all Nero products. Sadly, they stopped updating it to work with newer releases. Morons. Every software company should release such a tool, IMHO. It couldn't hurt to contact Cyberlink and ask for assistance.
  3. sondeterra did not recommend Revo Uninstaller simply because there have been disagreements between you and others, mcmenace. No one is trying to screw up your computer. That would be absolutely ridiculous. sondeterra was sharing some useful advice to people, in general.

Last edited:
  1. Any time one uses a registry cleaner or third-party uninstaller tool there are inherent risks. There are times when either not all files/registry entries might be removed, a shared file might be removed, or a file/registry entry that should not be removed is removed, etc. I always add a disclaimer whenever I mention such tools specifically because of this. If things are not properly done then the result can be a serious headache.
  2. I've run into problems before with PowerDVD and Nero where a bad uninstall using the regular included uninstaller and even attempting to clean up orphaned files/registry entries did not help at all. With respect to PowerDVD I managed to fix it - don't ask me to remember how because, frankly, it was too long ago, I don't remember, and it took a lot of messing around with me not keeping track of the steps - but with Nero the problem was never resolved until I did a clean install of Windows. I was never able to reinstall without getting an error and I gave up. Once upon a time Nero had a separate uninstall tool to cleanly and completely remove all Nero products. Sadly, they stopped updating it to work with newer releases. Morons. Every software company should release such a tool, IMHO. It couldn't hurt to contact Cyberlink and ask for assistance.
  3. sondeterra did not recommend Revo Uninstaller simply because there have been disagreements between you and others, mcmenace. No one is trying to screw up your computer. That would be absolutely ridiculous. sondeterra was sharing some useful advice to people, in general.

OK I get it. Sondeterra's suggestion I have no problem with, it's my fault for not reading about just putting updates on top of other ones, and in many cases it's a great idea. However you did tell "everybody" to stop helping me cos I didn't follow outrageous "fixes" from another source. If a PC only crashes when a certain program is running, right after an update no less, and no other time, don''t need to be a rocket scientist to conclude it's a bug in the program.

After days of back and forth that my PC was responsible, dissertations about blue screens that I never had, I finally got fed up. and more or less said so after the bug was removed in a follow up release, days later and my PC worked again with the updated program. Even waited weeks to ensure it was indeed the program to prove I was right, no more crashes. This person wouldn't even consider the program as the problem and convinced himself it was my PC even though nothing pointed to it as the cause.

Yeah I rubbed his nose in it a bit but he had it coming. A one track mind, ignored everything I said, and verbally abused a friend of mine who also told me he was wrong. Then you attacked me. I see it's a clique around here. Same guys everyday for years, it's bound to happen. I'm a nobody. So how do I know there isn't something these "experts" can't do to screw up my PC if they feel so inclined?

Electrical engineering I know about inside out, Information technology, not so much. I do have wisdom from my 64 years and common sense. Lucky for me, I didn't need a windows re-install as you had to do, used system restore and rolled things back to a prior date before the uninstalling and everything is now hunky dory. All but 1 work again. No harm no foul :).

Stuck on Amazing Spiderman 2 though. Backs up OK, appears to remove cinavia, fox turns purple, burns successfully, go to play it on BR Player, speedmenu comes up, push play, get "disc is not compatible error" but guess no help forthcoming here.....hoping another upgrade fixes it. No logs to send in as it acts like it's successful, as far as the speedmenu appearing on the TV. 25 GB or 50 GB doesn't matter. Only one that does it.

Follow on

PDVD 15 is playing nice but system has been suffering intermittent freezes. With all the updates one of them being NVidia update, so rolled back and currently no freezes.

SYS Restore

PDVD 15 is playing nice but system has been suffering intermittent freezes. With all the updates one of them being NVidia update, so rolled back and currently no freezes.

Good to hear.Restoring or rolling back is a great feature if you make a mistake or whatever. Sometimes people forget it's there.

Just got an email from Elby thanking me for my input on the new release v1044 that just came out. At least somebody appreciates what I'm doing.

Good to hear.Restoring or rolling back is a great feature if you make a mistake or whatever. Sometimes people forget it's there.

Just got an email from Elby thanking me for my input on the new release v1044 that just came out. At least somebody appreciates what I'm doing.
So is 1044 working for you or not? All I see are complaints in the CloneBD forums of the latest version. i.e. complete freezes and long rip times even without compression.

Elby should post all the versions back to 1.0.4.0 so people who are having major problems can revert back to previous versions until these major issues are resolved.

So is 1044 working for you or not? All I see are complaints in the CloneBD forums of the latest version. i.e. complete freezes and long rip times even without compression.

Elby should post all the versions back to 1.0.4.0 so people who are having major problems can revert back to previous versions until these major issues are resolved.

I don't even get that far, try to burn a movie and it goes straight to the taskbar, when I try and start the process, won't even begin to read, wham closes up like a clam and shuts down. Any movie Any blank size, doesn't matter. Notified them several times, expect update soon. You should too, more feedback they get, sooner they can clean things up.

They don't get PO'd, they want the input. I found forum not really place to go with problems. I'm sure you saw what happened to me. Had someone insisting my PC was bad when it was obviously a buggy update just like this one. Probably remember there were like 3 updates in 4 days or something like that a month or so ago. And he was proven wrong anyway. My PC hasn't crashed since v1038. It only crashed when backing up, absolutely nothing indicated it might remotely be the PC, but he wouldn't stop.

I keep some of the previous versions myself since I noticed they weren't easily available until I know the update works, learned that lesson the hard way. I had few problems with 1043, and went back to that for now.Have it on my desktop if you could use it. Only movie I couldn't back-up was Amazing Spiderman 2. Also kept v1038 that stopped my PC crashes and v1030 that was first really stable release I believe.

Last edited:
Here's how to get things done or real results. Arguing with self-appointed "experts" actually may do more harm than good.

Standard Elby reply
Please note that all submitted bug reports are processed automatically
and you will not receive a personal reply from a developer (unless
he needs further information). You will be informed by email when
your ticket is getting closed (usually with release of a new version).

Best regards,

Development Team
Elaborate Bytes AG

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We have forwarded your e-mail to our developers.

Kind regards,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
elby Support
--
elaborate bytes AG

Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We just noticed a bug which causes to crash CloneBD in HDMV menu generation when making a partial copy.
This should fix your problem. Please download and install
SetupCloneBD1045.exe

Kind regards,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
elby Support

Now they know me by name, are respectful, and don't give out ridiculous off the wall things to try, but take input, analyze it and do what needs to be done. That's how it's done professionally. What I've experienced here are mostly egomaniac know-it-alls who are likely to waste your time while patting themselves on the back about how smart they are.

If/when you get to my age you'll understand wisdom and common sense may mean as much or more than knowledge unless your familiar with the programs design and how it works. GOOD LUCK

Back