• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error using AnyDVD + BU40N + UHD Disc

kepico

Hello, first time using AnyDVD for UHD, I usually use DVDFab for ripping but wanted to try my hand at UHD.

So, I was able to get a BU40N w\proper firmware off of user on MakeMKV forum (legit seller) - Got the drive in fine tried to rip with DVDFab and it would give me read errors every so often but it eventually got to my HDD.

I then purchased PowerDVD 20 to at least view the completed disc (supposedly PowerDVD 20 + ANyDVD will work) but it just gave me a blank screen. Thinking DVDFab did not rip it correctly I am now trying AnyDVD (newest ver) and upon setting up the original disc inserted into my external BU40N drive it gives me an error (status below).

Summary for drive K: (AnyDVD HD 8.5.2.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N 1.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.
Total size: 32585728 sectors (63644 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: SHIN_GODZILLA
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 61
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Is this my drive that is faulty?

No slim drive - and the BU40N is a slim drive - works with AnyDVD.

'the proper firmware' meaning for it to work with MakeMKV. The BU40N is an official UHD drive with matching AACS 2.0 host certificate. Those dont work with anydvd, period no matter the firmware on it. Last time I checked at least, i clicked be wrong.

But this is not an anydvd problem. That's a drive problem. As such, this it's'use on the wrong section. Moving to the drive section.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hello, first time using AnyDVD for UHD, I usually use DVDFab for ripping but wanted to try my hand at UHD.

So, I was able to get a BU40N w\proper firmware off of user on MakeMKV forum (legit seller) - Got the drive in fine tried to rip with DVDFab and it would give me read errors every so often but it eventually got to my HDD.

I then purchased PowerDVD 20 to at least view the completed disc (supposedly PowerDVD 20 + ANyDVD will work) but it just gave me a blank screen. Thinking DVDFab did not rip it correctly I am now trying AnyDVD (newest ver) and upon setting up the original disc inserted into my external BU40N drive it gives me an error (status below).

Summary for drive K: (AnyDVD HD 8.5.2.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N 1.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.
Total size: 32585728 sectors (63644 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: SHIN_GODZILLA
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 61
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Is this my drive that is faulty?
Send me a PM if you have questions.

All the answers were only for UHD. Your drive works for discs up to BD just perfectly.

Back