• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error Message

bellbern

Why do copies of some dvds play well on certain dvd players and not on all dvd players?

I find this is usually a blank media compatibility problem.

Why do copies of some dvds play well on certain dvd players and not on all dvd players?

Not enough info as to what media your talking about? or any more details on what hardware was used to write or burn to media to know what your doing? To much hypothetical questions without any specs info??

Some players are better at reading (for example, more able to read crappy media) and some are better at burning. When I was teaching, I would booktype my DVD+R media to DVD-ROM to help ensure better playback. As many schools have a wide variety of different players, I still found that some machines would reject a disc. Same thing with playing CDs on my cycle. The Harman-Kardon unit loved pressed discs but hated burned discs. Even though I was using some of the best reviewed media (Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim), some of the best burning programs and experimenting with various burn speeds, it was still a crap shoot.

Things you can do to help ensure things always work are to use better rated media, burn below the rated speed (I use 2/3 of the rated speed) and keep your firmware up to date (burner and stand-alone player). However, these are not a guaranteed cure for playback problems.

Last edited:
The most common reason why you're having this problem (if the backup doesn't work in a standalone dvd player) is due to a compatibility issue between the blank media you're using and whatever you're using to play the backup in (standalone dvd player, for example). Basically your dvd player, dvd-rom drive, etc. doesn't like the blank media you're using (or if you're using +R media, you didn't change the booktype to "dvd-rom"). You can try choosing other blank media (+r instead of -r, for example, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")--or buy a different standalone dvd player (or a different dvd-rom drive, burner, etc.).

i got this info from the STICKY Global FAQ
a great start to understanding what is going on
i had a jvc hdmi standalone dvd player that did not like verbatim 4.7gb ritek1 dye
so i threw it away and use either my standalone pioneer dvd player that is got in 2002 and a magnavox
i usually burn my media at 4x

---cheers!!!:rock:

New to this but 10 million thanks to you guys for the great info. Will put it to good use in the future.

Back