• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error Message on "Rip Video to HardDisk"

Anyway, that drive is several years old now, and I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to get something else.
The more I think about it, the more I am convinced it is one of the "defective Pioneer" OEM drives, IIRC they exist in Pioneer, Plextor, SONY and TEAC flavors.

EDIT: OT: My personal favorite is NEC with Liggy & Dee firmware. These drives were indestructible. Haven't tried the newer Optiarc drives.

Last edited:
Using the new beta version of AnyDVD I no longer get an error ripping to my drive using the same Office Space DVD. I was also able to create a video with CloneDVDmobile without error. It appears the new error checking worked for me! Thanks!

Same problem with Office Space Special Edition

I'm having very similar problems with Office Space on my Plextor BD-B940SA, with AnyDVD 6.7.1.0. I'm running the latest firmware and drivers, but it will bail after a little while ripping with a similar error message. Also after that my drive disappears and I need to reboot.

I'm going to move on to other DVDs for now, but next time I try it I'll write down the error message. I might also try a different SATA port since I had major issues with a Pioneer BD-202 in the same port before I bought the Plextor.

mianbao

If your drive (dis)appears i'd go for a faulty drive. But since you say you've had problems with that specific port in the past it could be a hardware fault on the motherboard. Nevertheless i've rarely seen it that bad. If the problem persists with the drive swapped port then it aint the port but the drive. I've had plextor drives in the past too along with several other brands. None of them can tip to LG. He'll i've got 3 of them in my current rig and they swallow anything i throw at them.

Hey Ch3vr0n, thanks for pointing me to a hardware problem. I switched the SATA port on my motherboard and...tada! Successful rip to my HD. This also seems to have fixed some stuttering behavior I was seeing where the drive would pause after ripping about 18%, then after 5 minutes or so it would start again.

Even better, now I'm going to try my old Pioneer drive again, and maybe I can start ripping 2 disks at a time. :)

Thanks for the help!

mianbao

Glad all worked out for you :) Just a hint if u plan on hooking up that old drive to that sata port that was giving u issued, don't be surprised if the old drive errors out too ^^

Back