• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error Common 4 0 1 w/ Iron Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

SlySoft Support Team
Among the other nerve-killing things about this particular DVD, there is an error that consistently shows up using AnyDVD and CloneDVD mobile :bang:

Feedback from the field indicates this error is occurring on the disc shipped in the three disc "set" and not the single DVD retail disc.

The error occurs during the pre-processing and will look like this:

Error

Common 4 0 1

Common 0 194 1

or similar. :(

Please try the beta: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVDmobile1712.exe

If this does not work:

Use the "rip video...." option on the right mouse AnyDVD tray fox menu.

Then process that content from the hard drive with CloneDVD mobile.

Last edited:
Here's mine

Right mouse the system tray AnyDVD fox icon and click "exit".

YOU MUST EXIT ANYDVD OR YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE DRIVE REGION

1. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties" (in Vista, start > right click "Computer" ---> select "Properties")
2. Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button (in Vista, open "Device Manager").
3. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
4. Click "properties".
5. You should have a region tab at the top there. Click that and from there you can select a region.
6. Select the region that matches YOUR COUNTRY. Close those panels now.
7. Start Anydvd, insert the DVD and left click the system tray AnyDVD fox and see that the drive status shown is NOT "0".

Do NOT proceed until the status panel for AnyDVD shows a number for your drive region and no longer "0".

YOU MUST EXIT ANYDVD OR YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE DRIVE REGION

I'm guessing that you want me to change the DVD region and then try the DVD again. I don't set a region on the drive because there's only 5 changes allowed and it doesn't seem to matter that it is unspecified. What is the purpose of the region setting and is it important to set it?

I changed to Region 1 anyway and tried CloneDVD mobile - same Common 4.0.1 error. I already got what I wanted from the DVD but I'm willing to try and debug if you have any other suggestions.

Once is all you need

Setting your DVD drive to your country helps AnyDVD and you need to do this only once.

Now may I see the AnyDVD log zip AFTER this change for this DVD?

And I am assuming you did try the "rip video...." option and then tried to process from the hard drive with CloneDVD mobile, right?

A screen shot of the error in CDm would also be helpful.

a. Press and hold ALT. Press the PRINT / PrntSrn key on your keyboard
- on some laptops you may need to press "Fn" + "Print" keys.
b. Release the keys and open start > all programs > accessories > Paint (not Word or anything else)
c. Click "edit" and "paste". This will pull the image into the frame.
d. In the file dialog select "JPG" as the file type, click "file", "save as" and give the file the name "error".
e. Please attach that image to your reply.

And I am assuming you did try the "rip video...." option and then tried to process from the hard drive with CloneDVD mobile, right?

A screen shot of the error in CDm would also be helpful.

I was able to rip the video by copying to the HD using AnyDVD. I did that as soon as I encountered the error and before checking the forums for any issues with Ironman 2. Screen capture and new log are attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.1.0_Info_G_IRON_MAN_2_D3.zip
    534.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 401Error.JPG
    401Error.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 6
I don't set a region on the drive because there's only 5 changes allowed and it doesn't seem to matter that it is unspecified.

A very common misconception.
These errors in your log file are a direct result of the region code NOT being set:

Code:
Errors:
 -----------------------------
  15.25s: crack failed 1548 of 1548  
  15.27s: crack failed 4 of 4
  Warnings:
  14.11s: report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:4  
  14.13s: report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:2
  15.25s: report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:4
  15.27s: report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:2
  15.28s: report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:4
  15.36s: report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:2
In most cases AnyDVD can work itself around this - by cracking CSS instead of politely asking the drive for keys.
But sometimes that fails.
It is not at all wise to have no region set at all.

So please, do post another log file with the region set.
Thank you.

I was able to rip the video by copying to the HD using AnyDVD. I did that as soon as I encountered the error and before checking the forums for any issues with Ironman 2. Screen capture and new log are attached.

Drive region is still not set.

I asked you to please set your DVD drive region to your country. You did not do this obviously.

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

So, again:

YOU MUST EXIT ANYDVD OR YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE DRIVE REGION and you will only need to do this ONCE.

1. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties" (in Vista, start > right click "Computer" ---> select "Properties")
2. Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button (in Vista, open "Device Manager").
3. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
4. Click "properties".
5. You should have a region tab at the top there. Click that and from there you can select a region.
6. Select the region that matches YOUR COUNTRY. Close those panels now.
7. Start Anydvd, insert the DVD and left click the system tray AnyDVD fox and see that the drive status shown is NOT "0".

Do NOT proceed until the status panel for AnyDVD shows a number for your drive region and no longer "0".

to mean: start AnyDVD again (it's been stopped, right?), insert a DVD, left click the tray fox and if you still see "0" for your drive status then repeat the procedure.

That being done, is "G" a partition on your hard drive?

I would like to eliminate the problems AnyDVD seems to have with a few of the title keys on this disc before doing anything else.

Drive region is still not set.

I have two identical DVD drives (D and G), the computer says Drive G: is set to Region 1 (it's the drive the DVD is in), drive D: is still not set. Do both have to be set or is the log showing something different than the computer? I exited out of AnyDVD, made the region change and rebooted when I changed the region.

Attachments

• driveG.JPG
    driveG.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 2
Whatever, but....

All good and fine but you still did NOT do as I initially asked.

Get that DVD into one of your drives that shows YOUR country for the region when you left click the AnyDVD tray fox. Reads: NOT "0".

AND

You did <NOT> process the material from the hard drive.
I asked you to:

1. Rip video.... using that option on the right mouse tray fox menu

2. process the content in mobile from THAT directory on the hard drive.

Then you come back with a failure from "G", a DVD drive.

So, again/please:

1. use a drive that shows you region for its definition on the "status" panel.

2. use the VIDEO_TS folder on the HARD DRIVE to process in Mobile.

So far, if that is done I'm seeing success for this DVD. We are looking into why this one will not work on-the-fly like it should.

I have two identical DVD drives (D and G), the computer says Drive G: is set to Region 1 (it's the drive the DVD is in), drive D: is still not set. Do both have to be set or is the log showing something different than the computer? I exited out of AnyDVD, made the region change and rebooted when I changed the region.

All I can say is according to the log you posted the 2nd time:

Code:
Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.7.1.0) 
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S243D SB00 0915

So the region is either still not set or you sent the old log file again.

All good and fine but you still did NOT do as I initially asked.

Get that DVD into one of your drives that shows YOUR country for the region when you left click the AnyDVD tray fox. Reads: NOT "0".

AND

You did <NOT> process the material from the hard drive.
I asked you to:

1. Rip video.... using that option on the right mouse tray fox menu

2. process the content in mobile from THAT directory on the hard drive.

Then you come back with a failure from "G", a DVD drive.

So, again/please:

1. use a drive that shows you region for its definition on the "status" panel.

2. use the VIDEO_TS folder on the HARD DRIVE to process in Mobile.

So far, if that is done I'm seeing success for this DVD. We are looking into why this one will not work on-the-fly like it should.
Ok, I admit that I'm confused as to what you're asking.

In your first post in this thread I see two things.

1) a general workaround for users to rip the DVD to the hard drive and then process it from the folder on the hard drive. This request wasn't specifically directed at me and I had already used that workaround a week ago (http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=282268&postcount=6). It worked fine using that method.

2) Request for members to generate a log file using AnyDVD with the problem DVD in the drive. This is why I posted my log file. Issues with my region settings prompted subsequent requests.

All I can say is according to the log you posted the 2nd time:

Code:
Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.7.1.0) 
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S243D SB00 0915

So the region is either still not set or you sent the old log file again.

Hopefully this log file is better, both drives now are set to Region 1. Despite what the second log file says, G: was set to Region 1 (while D: wasn't).

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.1.0_Info_G_IRON_MAN_2_D3.zip
    521 KB · Views: 1
Hopefully this log file is better, both drives now are set to Region 1. Despite what the second log file says, G: was set to Region 1 (while D: wasn't).

The log file never lies. You probably accidentally sent the old log file - at the time of creation the region was definitely not set and the resulting errors were also still present.
These errors are gone now.

Anyway - if you still get that error now, we'll have to dig deeper. I don't have the disc at hand now, so I'll see to it that I get one.

Ok, I admit that I'm confused as to what you're asking.

My opening statement at the top here includes this "in case....":

Note: this is not 100% proven so if this error still occurs,.....

so it DID NOT occur and you were SUCCESSFUL using the "rip video...." method.

We are confident we found the the cause for this unusual condition and CloneDVD mobile versions starting with 1711 should no longer show this behavior.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back