• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Encrypted Paramount Pictures DVD's

rendul

There seems to be a prevailing theme of Paramount's movies not being decrypted properly. I have three now that won't decrypt properly. The ones I have burned, Thor, Captain America & The Dictator are all Paramount releases and I have been decrypting others, no problem. I would say then that Paramount has a new encryption code that has yet to be broken. The badly decrypted burned copies can be played in an old DVD player but not in a Blue Ray equipped player. Anyone else seeing this trend?

No. And if you have problems decrypting a disc, read this thread http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=52659 provide some actual info such as the exact error message. Without it we can't help you and slysoft especially can't "fix" those discs when all they get is "paramount movies", and no movie names let alone logfile. New encryption "code", maybe but without a logfile they won't get "fixed" if there even is something to fix

And ....

The badly decrypted burned copies can be played in an old DVD player but not in a Blue Ray equipped player. Anyone else seeing this trend?

A copy that plays well does not have any latent protection. Where did you get that idea? If there was any protection remnant left I doubt you would have been able to process to a blank.

I would suggest something else is wrong and certainly not with AnyDVD.

Since you are not using CloneDVD how about checking into an issue with the burning program you are using?

Latest version of Imgburn for all your burning needs on any type of blank disk.

Suggest the + type blank media (4.7gb and 8.5gb) for standard definition and book type settings in Imgburn.

Will play on old type players, the ones that would only play - type blank media. But a player that old needs to be replaced.

I would run a test: (make sure your source and destination locations are cleaned out BEFORE you run your test)

AnyDVD (rip to hard drive)
DVD Shrink (no compression)
Imgburn

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest version of Imgburn for all your burning needs on any type of blank disk.

Suggest the + type blank media (4.7gb and 8.5gb) for standard definition and book type settings in Imgburn.

Will play on old type players, the ones that would only play - type blank media. But a player that old needs to be replaced.

I would run a test: (make sure your source and destination locations are cleaned out BEFORE you run your test)

AnyDVD (rip to hard drive)
DVD Shrink (no compression)
Imgburn
You might want to go back and read what he says, he's not having any issues with the old player, so no need to replace it at all as it plays back his discs, it's his new Blu-ray player that's having the issue with his discs. Although I do agree with using +R discs, and also making sure you use a good brand

Last edited:
Back