• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Enable SGX in BIOS

andrej babis

Please, any support to enable sgx in 2018 mac mini BIOS. The intention is to play UHD BD on mac.

That's not possible. Intel SGX needs to come from the CPU/Motherboard. That's not a software issue.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for reply!
The Intel SGX is on mac hardware available but doesnt enabled.

SGX is disabled in sysctl:

$ sysctl -a|grep \\.sgxhw.optional.sgx
hw.optional.sgx: 0

$ sudo sysctl -w hw.optional.sgx=1
Password:s
ysctl: oid 'hw.optional.sgx' is read only

Is there any way to enable SGX?

SGX can only be enabled through the motherboard bios, it's then the motherboard and CPU that setup a secure environment that software can use. Primary support MUST come from the CPU/board there is no way around that.

Macs don't have a BIOS. Macs boot using EFI. There is no equivalent to the BIOS settings on a PC.
Is there any way to enable SGX using a nvram variable?

Not that I'm aware off but then again I'm a PC guy, not Mac.

Please, any support to enable sgx in 2018 mac mini BIOS. The intention is to play UHD BD on mac.
Use AnyDVD with a friendly drive or .iso & PowerDVD with Bootcamp. No need for SGX.

Use AnyDVD with a friendly drive or .iso & PowerDVD with Bootcamp. No need for SGX.

Unless i'm mistaking, @SamuriHL stated (or someone else) that PDVD enforces SGX with or without anydvd when played in disc mode. The only bypass would be folder rips.

That's not what i'm saying, read it again. I know it works, the question is does UHD disc(or folder) playback work while anydvd is running INSIDE A VM (cause there is no native mac version).

Unless i'm mistaking, @SamuriHL stated (or someone else) that PDVD enforces SGX with or without anydvd when played in disc mode. The only bypass would be folder rips.

You are mistaken. :) If there is no AACS protection on the disc, it works just fine without SGX.

That's not what i'm saying, read it again. I know it works, the question is does UHD disc(or folder) playback work while anydvd is running INSIDE A VM (cause there is no native mac version).

I see no reason why it shouldn't.

There is no apple version of PDVD, even no UHD BD Mac software player. I posted question to Firecore forum, if Infuse 7 for Mac OS will support UHD BD 1:1 copy at least.

Infuse supports playing UHD BD 1:1 copies, I have tried om my macbook.
It does not have access to the menus, only to the streams/playlists, the longest being selected by default. The same with DVD.iso

No, not any more. Deja vu, I am sure, I told you before... ?

No, PowerDVD probably won't work inside a VM. For "security reasons". That's why I mentioned Bootcamp.

Fair enough. I've never tried. I just meant that given that the SGX requirement is removed when AACS is not present, it "should" work in a VM. If they're doing other stupid nonsense then yea.

Back