• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue Elaborate Bytes - Gone?

Carl D

Firstly, apologies if this is being posted in the wrong section.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but the Elaborate Bytes (Elby) website has been offline for about 10 days now.

Homepage - Elaborate Bytes AG

This seemed to happen shortly after RedFox removed the download links for CloneBD and CloneDVD and after this thread was locked. cartman0208 has a link to Elby in the 2nd post of that thread which I assume worked at the time he made that post but now it doesn't work of course.

Just wondering if Elby have closed down? Wouldn't surprise me because I imagine the need for products like CloneBD and CloneDVD have dropped off dramatically in the past few years with the move to streaming.

Totally missed the removal, but I can open the website just fine, using your link.

The Elby website is working fine for me as well, and both products are still being sold there.

I doubt they’d disappear as physical media is definitely still alive and won’t be disappearing as streaming isn’t perfect.

Thanks guys.

Well, that is very strange. As I said, it's been like that for me for about 10 days now and I still can't get to Elby.

I've attached a screenshot of what I see, the top one is from Microsoft Edge and the bottom one is from Firefox (I've combined the 2 images).

I'm in Perth, Western Australia if that makes any difference but I don't see why it should? I'll have to do a bit more investigating.

Attachments

• elby.jpg
    elby.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 22
Maybe your ISP is blocking sites? Just an Idea.
Did you try a different computer? Or your mobile phone without using WiFi ?

Hi Cartman.

Yes, it looks like you're right. I've just used my mobile phone (Vodafone) using mobile data and I can connect to the Elby website with that.

I still can't get to Elby with my desktop PC even after turning my modem/router and the NBN (National Broadband Network here in Australia) box that the modem/router is connected to off and on as well so it looks like my ISP (Telstra) is blocking Elby either intentionally or unintentionally for some reason?

I'll wait and see what happens over the next week and if Elby is still blocked I'll contact Telstra and ask them why.

I do have licences for CloneBD and CloneDVD and I have the latest versions of both downloaded and installed so I don't really need to contact Elby for anything at this stage. If new versions become available and Telstra still has Elby blocked I'll just use my mobile phone to download them.

Thanks everyone, sorry for wasting your time with this. I should have tried Cartman's suggestion before starting the thread.

Edit: Just to confirm - I've just connected my mobile phone to my home wireless (the Telstra modem) and I can't get to Elby on the phone with it so it is definitely Telstra blocking Elby for some reason.

Last edited:
Just a shot in the dark ... their website is using letsencrypt as certificate provider.
While that is fully ok IMO, providers might have issues with that, because it's a free certificate.

As a workaround you could try changing your DNS settings from Automatic (probably your ISP's servers) to some global like google our cloudflare.
Code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/australia/comments/begoed/how_to_bypass_telstra_blocking_websites/

Last edited:
Thanks again Cartman. I'll look into that.

And once again - apologies for bothering everyone with this, it's just that the timing was so odd because I was able to access the Elaborate Bytes website just recently and it was only after I read that thread in General Chat just after it was locked that I discovered I couldn't access Elby anymore.

I still don't understand why Telstra have blocked Elby because they don't sell any type of decryption software and never have? If you don't hear from me again it probably means they've decided to block RedFox as well. I hope not. :unsure:

I hate to "me-too" into this but......

A few seconds ago (after reading this topic) I tried to load Elby's homepage. Loaded just fine for me on the Left Coast of the US.

If'n anything the page seemed to load quicker than I remember. Not that I went to Elby website much.

Just a shot in the dark ... their website is using letsencrypt as certificate provider.
While that is fully ok IMO, providers might have issues with that, because it's a free certificate.

As a workaround you could try changing your DNS settings from Automatic (probably your ISP's servers) to some global like google our cloudflare.
My network/internet sharing setup/FireFox browser usually gets whingy when there's even the slightest hint there might be a certificate issue. Not a peep when I went to Elby's homepage.

If you encounter problems like this, I suggest using Opera's built-in VPN, which also has a free option.
It is an easy way to check if the side is down or your provider is doing something.

I'm in Australia also but have no issues loading the Elby site, I've just given Telstra the flick and am with Exetel FTTP now, exellent service and cheaper.

Thanks again Cartman. I'll look into that.

And once again - apologies for bothering everyone with this, it's just that the timing was so odd because I was able to access the Elaborate Bytes website just recently and it was only after I read that thread in General Chat just after it was locked that I discovered I couldn't access Elby anymore.

I still don't understand why Telstra have blocked Elby because they don't sell any type of decryption software and never have? If you don't hear from me again it probably means they've decided to block RedFox as well. I hope not. :unsure:
It is also possible that their DNS servers are a bit broken, I used to have an issue with DNS lookups on my Vodafone broadband connection and swapping the servers to Cloudflare or Google solved my issue.

Changing the DNS server addresses in your router would allow the website to be accessible on every device again.

Thanks guys. I'm still looking into this.

I'm starting to suspect that Telstra isn't actually blocking Elby and it's some other issue because if Telstra block a site you're supposed to get this message:

This website has been blocked

All I get is the alerts that I've attached in Post #4

I'll wait a few more days to see if this resolves itself.

Just a quick post to finish the thread.

I can now access Elaborate Bytes again with my Telstra connection. I didn't contact them so it must have resolved itself or someone at Telstra fixed it but it did take a long time.

Thanks again everyone.

Yeah, noticed that too. Elby's site being down is odd, especially after what happened with RedFox. Makes you wonder about the future of CloneBD and CloneDVD with streaming on the rise.

Just a quick post to finish the thread.

I can now access Elaborate Bytes again with my Telstra connection. I didn't contact them so it must have resolved itself or someone at Telstra fixed it but it did take a long time.

Thanks again everyone.
If you look at your original error it says the name cannot be resolved. So your connection is not being blocked your DNS queries are either being blocked or filtered with I would assume is a local filter say like PiHole. Just a guess.

Thanks DQ, but we already figured out that the ISP was blocking/filtering those DNS requests ... for whatever reasons ;)

Back