• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

El Cantante is El Diablo!!! Wow is this a mess

You've got a couple of issues that need to be resolved. Let's go through these step by step.

1. . Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd

BAD BAD BAD!!!! Nero's Incd is packet writing software, which interferes with a lot of programs including Slysoft's. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable.

2. Uninstall Nero's Incd. Check to ensure those two entries I quoted no longer appear in your filters after rebooting.

If you don't know how to do this

ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order.

If you can't figure out how to remove the filters, do this:

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "InCDPass". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "incdrm". Click "Remove Selected Filter" Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

3. Use Anydvd ripper with this disc (right click red fox icon-->"rip video-dvd to hard disk"). Then use whatever program you want on that rip

1. I'm not willing to reset my drive to a specific region. This is the only disc I've had a problem with in months. I'm quite content with the way things are. I bought this drive as region free, and it came with bypass overlays for windows NT/XP/Vista. The joys of importing.
2. InCD is required to format DVD-RAM discs.
2 xxx I already have IMGBurn, it works well for burning film images, though not much else. Thanks.
The AnyDVD ripper gave me a non-compliant 11Gb rip.

CloneDVD2 gave me a 10Gb rip. Still not right. 13Gb with DVDDecrypter. CloneDVDMobile DID rip the disc just fine. A bit of a loss of quality, but for the sake of a backup it will suffice.

There's more to this than just X-Protect. That's why I sent the log/ifos in to slysoft as well as posting.

1. I'm not willing to reset my drive to a specific region. This is the only disc I've had a problem with in months. I'm quite content with the way things are. I bought this drive as region free, and it came with bypass overlays for windows NT/XP/Vista. The joys of importing.

Well, then you may experience problems with other discs as well.

And your drive isn't region-free. The region isn't set. There's a big difference.

InCD is required to format DVD-RAM discs.

No. It's not. Only required for formatting UDF

If you want, I can post other examples of where removing Incd fixed users' problems in addition to
click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...18&postcount=7
and then read this:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=13

Drinkyleanddie said:
There are also some people out there with some nasty stuff on their system that can cause problems, as well. By nasty I'm speaking of InCD, DirectCD, etc. For all the people that say those programs are utterly necessary and can't possibly be a problem go on using them. Go on having problems. Just don't complain later if/when you have problems.

Sums up the issue nicely.

I already have IMGBurn, it works well for burning film images, though not much else. Thanks.

You need to remove those filters.

The AnyDVD ripper gave me a non-compliant 11Gb rip.

Then you're doing something wrong, as others have indicated Anydvd ripper handles this disc perfectly fine. Do you have the AI scanner enabled? If not, that's probably your problem. And if you do, then you need to do the other two steps I mentioned.

That's why I sent the log/ifos in to slysoft

Pretty useless, considering Anydvd handles this disc perfectly fine: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=62601&postcount=5

Last edited:
El Cantante--do me a favour please

*sigh*

Regular dvd-video . . .

Someone please use Anydvd (6.1.9.3 or 6.1.9.4 beta) ripper on this disc (with the A.I. scanner enabled at default) and tell me whether the output size is normal or whether it's 10 gigs+. Someone who preferably doesn't have packet software gumming up his or her system (ex. Nero's Incd, Roxio's Directcd, Sonic Drive Letter Access, etc.) . . .

1. Click on the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click the "default" button. Click "ok".
2. Right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar, and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard disc".
3. Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish.
4. What is the total size of the rip?

Thank you

Last edited:
I never rip to hard disc, but I was able to make a complete backup, without any trouble.

Those having no issues could you please read the first post and provide the info asked? Just saying no problems here or no trouble here isn't what was asked.

Thanks

Why is it so hard for people to actually answer questions or follow directions? Too many people simply post that they can't copy a disc and then never do anything that is asked of them. You can't be helped if you don't provide information.

AnyDVD has absolutely no problem this this disc. Since the disc makes use of the X-Protect copy protection system it is necessary to rip the disc to your HDD using the AnyDVD ripper before using Nero Recode or DVD Shrink. Process the resulting output on your HDD with either of these two programs.

Summary for drive Y: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.4)
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-760A 1.07 08/18/0715:10
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2049312 sectors (4002 MBytes)
Total size: 4046168 sectors (7902 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: EL_CANTANTE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Repaired invalid title search pointer table!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 4 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Here are the properties for the ripped disc on my HDD:

That's within the size of a standard DVD-9 and is, of course, a full-disc rip. That's 7.57 GB. The original disc's VIDEO_TS folder showed up as 11.6 GB with it's corrupted UDF file system.

The ripped disc plays w/o flaws from the HDD. I see no reason why it won't play when burned properly to a good quality (ie Verbatim) blank.

Edit: It goes without saying that CloneDVD handles this disc just fine when used with AnyDVD.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_Y_EL_CANTANTE.zip
    148.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Tried Suggestions but still having trouble with El Cantante

During the Copying process using 1Click I encountered an error message:

A read error has occured while reading a file. The file may be encrypted or cannot be read by the DVD device. If you are using a decrypter, you may need to restart it before running 1ClickDVD.

I have tried this process a couple of times and always encounter the same message. While copying the "current title" numbers jump all over the place.

Below I have posted information that I hope will be helpful for someone to assist. Thanks:)

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.3)
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N B103 07/06/27 7U02

Media is a DVD.

Media is CSS protected!

UDF filesystem patched!
--------------------------------

I have attached the .zip file . . . I hope:confused:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_EL_CANTANTE.zip
    147.8 KB · Views: 1
During the Copying process using 1Click I encountered an error message:

A read error has occured while reading a file. The file may be encrypted or cannot be read by the DVD device. If you are using a decrypter, you may need to restart it before running 1ClickDVD.

I have tried this process a couple of times and always encounter the same message. While copying the "current title" numbers jump all over the place.

Below I have posted information that I hope will be helpful for someone to assist. Thanks:)

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.3)
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N B103 07/06/27 7U02

Media is a DVD.

Media is CSS protected!

UDF filesystem patched!
--------------------------------

I have attached the .zip file . . . I hope:confused:

You need to use Anydvd ripper. Then you need to use 1-Click on that rip.

Please read the thread you're posting in fully before posting in the future (hint post 16 and 18 ). Thanks

Last edited:
Back