• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVDFab vs BluFab. What's the deal? Here it is.

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
Lol they "rebranded"; DVDFab is now blufab :p http://blufab.cn/

Some interesting news on this DVDFab vs BluFab front. Both products will continue development. Seems odd but okay. New customers just can't buy DVDFab. They can only buy BluFab. Alright. But there's a big catch:

DVDFab 9.1.3.6 for Windows (March 20, 2014)

As our marketing strategy adjusts, the two brands, DVDFab and BluFab, will coexist simultaneously, starting from this minor update 9.1.3.6. All the existing customers performing updates shall get DVDFab 9 back again, with identical capacities as you always have. This means, we will continue updating DVDFab 9 for existing customers in the future. Your lifetime licenses shall never expire!

BluFab 9.1.3.6 for Windows (March 21, 2014)

Please note: Starting from this update 9.1.3.6, BluFab will no longer decrypt any DVD and Blu-ray protections. You will have to find other possible solutions if your disc is copyright protected.

Notice the huge difference?

Obviously, this leads to some bigger questions in my mind. None of them are really great for the community as a whole.

Source: The official DVDFab forum.

Last edited:
yup saw that over at myce too. guess that's one less "competitor" for slysoft lol. but i think i know one of your questions. If they go after slysoft aswell, who will we turn to for disc decryption as slysoft and dvdfab are the only 2 big ones i know

Notice the huge difference?

It looks like they're hoping people will purchase their "Passkey" separately (as that is still available).
In addition, they're also offering other free and paid for solutions: http://blufab.cn/dvd-decrypter.htm
(Apologies in advance if posting that link is out of order).

Regarding their new strategy for new purchases, it seems they're just now doing what CloneDVD2 has always done - selling a program that doesn't include decryption. After saying that, everything is still currently for sale as normal.

Last edited:
DVDFab has their Passkey for Bluray but that is included in the lawsuit according to this [link from lgsoftwareinnovations.com]

They have always had a program that removed copy protection and one that did not. Now they are selling the one that did not decrypt which has been rebranded and will continue to add the copy protection removal to the original dvdfab for only their lifetime users. [cough cough so they say]

Who cares about those who purchased 1, 2, 3 or 4 year licenses as when their licenses expire they will have to purchase blufab and Passkey for Bluray in order to copy their movies.

The only positive thing for this is that Blufab works perfectly with AnyDVD and once Slyce is released you can say Bye, Bye to DVDFab

Once Slyce is released? When pray tell will that be? We cannot even call it late as someone said, in another thread, Slysoft never gave a release date so technically it might go on sale any time between now and never.

I still feel that as said in post 578 in Cinavia and a third-party product Thread that this is the best way to go for PC users.

Needs development.

Advantages:
NO decrypting (we would not be circumventing anything)
No removal of ANY protections at all
NEVER needs to be updated.

As for the question, will they come after Slysoft next, I think that that is a "no brainer".
If they cant actually get at Slysoft then our access to them will be stopped. We let the state control us, our own fault.

Unfortunately they don't understand that WE ARE NOT PIRATES, in fact the opposite, the fact we can back up has made us buy into the product in the first place.
If we couldn't, most of us would NOT have purchased the vast collection of disks.
SLYSOFT has actually increased their disk sales no end, that's the irony.

Last edited by a moderator:
DVDFAB BLURAY v "SLYCE"

This is the route I am going for primary and backup:

1. Get lifetime license for AnyDVD HD (if you don't already own it)
2. Get the freeware version of DVDFab 9.1.3.6 ( update only within the software program)
3. Throw BluFab in the trash or file 13 (if you have not already done so)

I am sure there are other mom and pop, unknown ripping programs, and back door ripping programs still available, but won't be needed unless the bullet hits Slysoft.:doh:

P.S.
It also appears the Red Fox knows how to play the game and with more expertise, than the China monkey.

You people take great delight in denigrating dvd fab.As a lifetime licence holder of both Anydvdhd and dvdfab bluray copy I have to say that dvdfab beats anydvd hands down. For a start dvdfab does NOT have to be used with myriad other programs , all you need is contained within the program. Having said all that , if you think that "SLYCE" will ever be on sale, you must believe in SANTA CLAUSE. !!! How long has it been in development? Yet the dvd fab bluray copy has been going for quite a few years. The MONKEY RULES.

you can't compare anydvd with dvdfab/blufab.

Anydvd is a decrypter / ripper only, DVDFab is a complete suite. 2 totally different products (albeit the times when i used it the output dvdfab produced was clear crap). The closest thing you can compare anydvd to is their "passkey" product. Nothin else. Blurab isn't a competitor either, as it can't even access protected discs. They need to be decrypter first.

I'll stick with BD-Rebuilder, quality is outstanting, doesn't use stolen code and best of all it's free. And about slyce, i have no doubt it will be available at some point. I've got an early translators build sitting on my harddrive right now.

sure the monkey rules, when it's sitting in its cage performing tricks.

You people take great delight in denigrating dvd fab.As a lifetime licence holder of both Anydvdhd and dvdfab bluray copy I have to say that dvdfab beats anydvd hands down. For a start dvdfab does NOT have to be used with myriad other programs , all you need is contained within the program. Having said all that , if you think that "SLYCE" will ever be on sale, you must believe in SANTA CLAUSE. !!! How long has it been in development? Yet the dvd fab bluray copy has been going for quite a few years. The MONKEY RULES.

Some people may denigrate DVDFab, yes, but at least in the Slysoft forums people can actually write out the name without fear of being censored or banned. Please tell me who actually acts more juvenile? :p

At the end of the day AnyDVD and DVDFab aren't comparable. BluFab even less so.

you can't compare anydvd with dvdfab/blufab.

Anydvd is a decrypter / ripper only, DVDFab is a complete suite. 2 totally different products (albeit the times when i used it the output dvdfab produced was clear crap). The closest thing you can compare anydvd to is their "passkey" product. Nothin else. Blurab isn't a competitor either, as it can't even access protected discs. They need to be decrypter first.

I'll stick with BD-Rebuilder, quality is outstanting, doesn't use stolen code and best of all it's free. And about slyce, i have no doubt it will be available at some point. I've got an early translators build sitting on my harddrive right now.

sure the monkey rules, when it's sitting in its cage performing tricks.

One crap output and one outstanding? Don’t they both use x264 to do the encoding? BTW - I would be shocked if Slyce wasn't also using the same encoder (should it ever be released).

So how can this be? I would think that if using identical settings you would get identical results? Are you saying you like the default profiles in BD-Rebuilder better than the ones in DVDFab?

Maybe you attempted to change a setting without knowing what you were doing and broke it?

One crap output and one outstanding? Don’t they both use x264 to do the encoding? BTW - I would be shocked if Slyce wasn't also using the same encoder (should it ever be released).

So how can this be? I would think that if using identical settings you would get identical results? Are you saying you like the default profiles in BD-Rebuilder better than the ones in DVDFab?

Maybe you attempted to change a setting without knowing what you were doing and broke it?

Not using the best tweaks/optimizations can result in lower quality x264 output. DVDFab has tended to always fall behind on that versus the settings used by BD-rebuilder.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

AnyDVD HD and DVDFab Blu-ray Copy if you save full disc to hard drive are the same thing except AnyDVD HD can handle copy protection better. A lot of Blu-ray out there that DVDFab is having problems with just read their forum. I have lifetime for all software slysoft sells and lifetime for all DVDFab software and out of the 2 I have more problems with DVDFab than I do with slysoft.

Now when you start compression then BD Rebuilder is better quality than DVDFab. I'm not bashing slysoft or DVDFab but DVDFab is my favorite but too many issues/ problems with it for what I need it for so I use AnyDVD HD and many other DVD/ Blu-ray software available that do what I need correctly

BD Rebuilder, even in its fastest mode, is considerably better in quality output than DVDFab. I've tested both, and the lack of control in Fab is enough to put me off, much less the output.

I was doing some testing going from Blu-ray to DVD-video last year, which is not a common conversion, but one which both programs can do. The video from Fab was simply awful. Using the HC encoder, BD Rebuilder gave outstanding results.

I'm not sure why anyone would use their programs for conversion if they do not include decryption. Convenience in having an all-in-one program was their major selling point. But the free tools, like Handbrake, Vidcoder, AVStoDVD, and BD Rebuilder run roughshod over Fab, and the free tools are not all that hard to master.

BD Rebuilder, even in its fastest mode, is considerably better in quality output than DVDFab. I've tested both, and the lack of control in Fab is enough to put me off, much less the output.

I was doing some testing going from Blu-ray to DVD-video last year, which is not a common conversion, but one which both programs can do. The video from Fab was simply awful. Using the HC encoder, BD Rebuilder gave outstanding results.

I'm not sure why anyone would use their programs for conversion if they do not include decryption. Convenience in having an all-in-one program was their major selling point. But the free tools, like Handbrake, Vidcoder, AVStoDVD, and BD Rebuilder run roughshod over Fab, and the free tools are not all that hard to master.

IMO, DVDFab has always been about optimizing speed in its own way. In doing so there's a quality loss. Obviously, if no re-sizing is occurring then there really should be no difference. The quality loss involves Blu-Ray BD-50 to BD-25 and Blu-Ray to DVD. It's good enough for a lot of people but the difference is noticeable for me and I'll stick with BD-Rebuilder. With respect to Blu-Ray to DVD... the last time I even experimented with DVDFab it was extremely unpleasant. I won't be doing that again. On the rare instances I need to convert to DVD I just use BD-Rebuilder.

I went with dvdfab to try it first and it worked ok. I did have a few issues and didn't like the lack of control. I didn't like how it made thor a 7 gb mpeg4 file being the movie was much bigger then that. I have a $2700 4 year old macbook pro so this is my go to computer and dvdfab was the only thing that worked on my mac.

After trying Anydvd hd on a cheap $300 laptop I seen how much better this program is. I use bd rebuilder with imgburn and so far am very happy with my anddvd hd lifetime membership.:aiee:

My only fear is anydvd hd will be attacked like dvdfab was.

DVDFab

I originally started backing up movies with DVDxCopy by 321 Studios and then they modified the laws to protect dvd content. 321 Studios went through the same thing as DVDFab and are no longer in business. It has taken years for me to hear of this happening again. I tried DVDFab before finding Slysoft and was not happy with the results, however the company was young then and I'm sure they have improved. When they figure out how to handle DVDFab as they did 321 Studios I'm sure Slysoft will probably be next and that will be a said day. I hope that day does not come and their success with attacking DVDFab is limited to what they have already done.

Back