• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD to iPhone

it has a dvd player but I don't want to haul all of these dvds with me wherever I go. I don't even know what a codec is.
thanks
Presumably you have iTunes on the laptop, and your DVD drive has its own software with codecs (to "read" the dvd files) built in. It would be helpful to know what DVD player software you have installed (when you put in a DVD, what program opens to play it). Are you creating the CloneDVDMobile files on the laptop or on another system? KnoWei's point is that you might need to download codecs (to "read" the CloneDVDMobile files) onto your laptop.

You read my mind profcolli. :agree:

@wabash10,
I think you've indicated that you have iTunes installed. Can you play any video files in iTunes on the laptop in question? What can you tell us about those files? What's the file extension, how was it created, etc.

~KnoWei

I can play only a few of the ones that I ripped, this is confusing because they are from the same dvd and some work, some don't I used all the same settings for every one, no I am using clonedvd on my desktop but I would send them over the network to my laptop.

I can play only a few of the ones that I ripped, this is confusing because they are from the same dvd...

What kind of DVD is it? Is it a TV show with episodes? Also is it an original DVD or a copy of one? I don't quite understand what you mean by "they are from the same dvd".

...I used all the same settings for every one...

Are the file sizes all under 2GB? If any are over 2GB are those the ones that don't play?

~KnoWei

all are under 2gb and there are some on the exact same disk that play and from that same disk that don't. I don't understand same settings, roughly the same file size from the same disk and some work some don't. These are original dvd's
thanks

all are under 2gb and there are some on the exact same disk that play and from that same disk that don't. I don't understand same settings, roughly the same file size from the same disk and some work some don't. These are original dvd's
thanks
Very strange. Assuming you have a DVD drive on your laptop, try installing CloneDVDMobile on it and creating the file there. This will be an experiment to see if the files created on the laptop will play OK in iTunes on the laptop (this assumes you followed all the steps posted earlier about problems playing files in iTunes on the laptop).

it is the same thing on my laptop and desktop.
I don't know what to do.

does the actual clonedvd create files like this that are playable on a pc?

it is the same thing on my laptop and desktop.
I don't know what to do.

does the actual clonedvd create files like this that are playable on a pc?
If it doesn't work in Quicktime or iTunes you can try Windows Media Player on your laptop or desktop. You can buy CoreAVC decoder to do that for ~$8 if you don't have an avc decoder installed.
http://www.coreavc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=4&id=21&Itemid=59
There are NO files created on CloneDvdMobile that can't play on the system that created them (in my case I bought CoreAVC decoder just to test this scenario). Your problem seems to be with iTunes (and I still don't understand why you need to SEE them in iTunes on your laptop if they play on your mobile device).

If it doesn't work in Quicktime or iTunes you can try Windows Media Player on your laptop or desktop. You can buy CoreAVC decoder to do that for ~$8 if you don't have an avc decoder installed.

I also have the same issue (only certain episodes within a season play with white screen while others play fine), tho I can admit I have no good reason to be upset about it. All of the videos play as intended on my iPod Touch. :clap: heh

Anyway, as a courtesy to those who might stumble in here with the same issue and simply *must* play their newly made mp4 file on their PC, I suggest nabbing a copy of VLC Media Player. It's free and it works for just about everything under the sun. I don't suggest watching/listening to anything with iTunes while at your PC if you can avoid it. It's a bloated goat. ;)

Anyway ... yah.

Windows media player doesn't work either, I wonder if the problem is just when converting to Iphone, I wonder if I convert for Ipod video if it would work.

Thanks

I have the same issue...

For a DVD, I've used Family Guy Season 4. I used the original disc.

I used all of the default settings in CloneDVD Mobile to do all 5 episodes on the first disc. Three of the episodes came out fine and play in Quicktime on Windows, on Mac OS X Leopard, and in iTunes. 2 of the episodes crash Quicktime on the Mac, display a solid white screen in Quicktime for Windows, and display a solid black screen in iTunes on Windows. All episodes play on the iPod Touch. The 2 questionable episodes do not show a preview icon when touching the video button on the iPod.

The software versions I'm using are:
iTunes 8.0.2.20
Quicktime 7.5.5
AnyDVD 6.5.1.8
CloneDVD Mobile 1.2.0.1
Windows XP SP3
Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6

This is really a pain if I'm using iTunes to preview and selectively transfer episodes to my iPod Touch.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
Back