• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD-R Movies won't play in X-Box

dagger_99

I have burned movies to DVD-R using AnyDVD and CloneDVD. These movies will successfully play in a DVD Player or computer, but will not run in X-Box. I have updated the firmware in Windows 7, googled around, but still haven't found a solution?

If you're talking about an original Xbox, then I'm almost positive you can't play Video DVDs in it. I think the only way is if you modded your Xbox which we, for reasons you can understand I'm sure, cannot talk about or will not talk about on this site. You're better off doing a search on Google as this is definitely not a problem with AnyDVD, but more of a problem with MicroShaft.

I think the only way is if you modded your Xbox which we, for reasons you can understand I'm sure, cannot talk about or will not talk about on this site.

There's nothing wrong or illegal about modding your own X-Box to play DVD's if you want it to do so. This forum has a hardware section........

-W

I fully understand not discussing modding the X-Box. Up until Iron Man and Karate Kid, he has been able to use his X-Box to watch burned movies, so that eliminates that possible explanation. To be honest, I am not sure if the last spindle was a DVD+R, but this new batch is DVD-R. Could that be the explanation, or does it go deeper than tha?

Mod your X-Box all you want - it's your freakin' X-Box.

Yes... some players like or don't like DVD-R or DVD+R

DVD+R if booktyped as DVD-ROM when burnt, is almost 100% compatable.

-W

I'm not saying he can't do it, my xbox is modded as well. I just figured the mods and such wouldn't like us talking about it, especially on the AnyDVD forum.

Mod your X-Box all you want - it's your freakin' X-Box.

Yes... some players like or don't like DVD-R or DVD+R

DVD+R if booktyped as DVD-ROM when burnt, is almost 100% compatable.

-W

I'm not asking to ask the question about modding the box, so not trying to flame those fires. I'm not using a DVD+R, so booktyping is not the issue. I'm just asking if someone knows if X-Box doesn't like Memorex DVD-R, or could it be another issue I'm not looking at?

I'm not saying he can't do it, my xbox is modded as well. I just figured the mods and such wouldn't like us talking about it, especially on the AnyDVD forum.
Lets not give instructions on how to do it, but chatting about it in the appropriate forums are fine. And yes Racem22 you are correct, the AnyDVD sub forum is not the place.:)

Back