• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD players will no longer read CDs

Big D

Greetings All!

Neither of my DVD players will read CDs since I installed AnyDVD and Clone DVD.

So, I uninstalled AnyDVD and Clone DVD and they still will still not read (or write) . . . neither audio or data CDs . . . the lights come and blink some like they are reading, but the auto-detect does not work and when I open Windows Explorer and click on either drive I get them message "insert disk".

The DVD players are a Lite-On DVD-ROM LTD163D and a Lite-On DVDRW SHOW-163S. My motherboard is an ASUS M2N-E with an AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 processor and 2 GHz RAM.

Someone please help . . . if you need further information on my machine let me know.

Big D—
8)

“In most situations I would be an outcast . . . but here I am merely normal . . . “

So, I uninstalled AnyDVD and Clone DVD and they still will still not read (or write) . . . neither audio or data CDs . .

Then the issue has nothing to do with Anydvd nor Clonedvd, and what occurred is merely coincidental.

What you're describing is typically a sign that either your drives are dying--or you're testing with bad original discs.

You can try the following:

1. Try different cables on the back of your drives

2. Click this

Do what it says to do if you have XP

3. Buy new drives

4. Exchange your cds

Last edited:
Thanks for the response

Thanks for the response . . . but none of these suggestions worked. I cannot see both of my drives going bad at the same time . . . until someone can prove otherwise I must assume that this software caused my problem.

until someone can prove otherwise I must assume that this software caused my problem.

You can assume whatever you want, but if neither program is installed on your system and if you're still experiencing the same issue (and you claimed you uninstalled them), then the simple fact is the problem has absolutely nothing to do with those programs. Period

Last edited:
Are your drives listed in Device manager as working properly?
In Device manager.......-Uninstall both optical drives-Reboot your PC.

Given that he claims to have followed all the steps (which I don't believe) I listed close to a month ago now, then uninstalling drives is pointless (repetition). Removing/resetting ide channels causes the drives on those channels to be rediscovered upon reboot.

Back