• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Drive question

DADEO

Certain DVD's that I have made, not all, cannot be read by my drive. (Optairc AD-7170A) In my computer, they will play in the program "Power DVD" only. They will show as "1 drive on" in AnyDVD, but if I try the "Rip video DVD to Harddisc" function in AnyDVD, the error comes on and says the drive is not ready. No other program recognizes the DVD in this drive. Under "my computer" the DVD is not recognized. I can put the DVD in my standalone DVD player and it plays fine. This happens with different media brands so it's not that. I have created a DVD I cannot make a copy of. I welcome any ideas or suggestions on this as I am baffled and can't figure it out.

Anydvd is intended for use with commercially released dvds only or discs that at least attempt to conform to a dvd standard.

Try Clonecd

Do you have any ideas why it is not recgnized by my computer yet it plays in my standalone dvd player. It also plays fine using the PowerDVD program. Also Shrink says there's nothing in the drive also. I made this DVD, it contains 2 episodes of a tv program.

Do you have any ideas why it is not recgnized by my computer yet it plays in my standalone dvd player. It also plays fine using the PowerDVD program. Also Shrink says there's nothing in the drive also. I made this DVD, it contains 2 episodes of a tv program.

Possibly the drive or the disc structure is faulty. It should be noted that simply because a disc plays fine doesn't have a lot of bearing on anything (and that's especially true of commercial dvds; many are defective but play perfectly fine).

Thanks for your ideas. It just got to me that it plays in my standlaone DVD player, plays in the computer but only if I use Power DVD. Otherwise it's like there's nothing in the drive. It's not recognized by the drive listed in "My Computer", Doesn't show in VLC player, Shrink, Decrypter, Drag and Drop. I made this DVD using Nero using a blank Sony and other media types. I've never come across this before and it's really bugging me. Thanks for your input, your ideas are appreciated.

I'd bet on a faulty disk structure as well. I've seen this before.

-W

Back