• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Drive Disabled 6.7.6.0 - figured it out but....

Pveatherfall

I read another post that was similar to mine but what worked for him won't work for me. I had 6.7.5.0 installed and upgraded to 6.7.6.0 this past weekend. What ended up happening was it kept disabling my drive. I would uninstall anydvd, uninstall the drive, reinstall the drive and nothing. Being not completely untechnical, I went into regedit, found the lowerfilters registry and renamed it lowerfiltersold. Reinstalled the drive and voila it works!

Here's where it gets twisted. Reinstalled 6.7.6.0 and it immediately disabled my drive again. So I followed the same process again and this time went searching in my download folder for the 6.7.5.0 install and used that. No more problems.

I went in and made sure my firmware on my dvd drive was updated which thankfully it was. It is an LG GH22NP20 drive.

What I'm wondering is if anyone else had a similar problem? I thought maybe a change they made to the program is preventing cdrom.sys from being read properly to do the install or the lowerfilters registry is the real culprit.

Quick update - turned on iTunes and it freaked out saying "The registry setting sused by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes."

Funny part is, I uninstalled iTunes, reinstalled it, and got the same error. I really think it doesn't like anydvd.

Last edited:
Back