• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dvd burner or software? media write error?

Mike2000z28

Ive done the searches and the FAQ thing that keeps getting posted. Ive been using both programs for over 2 years now, great programs as well. I just got a new computer and installed both programs, the latest version and now i get media write errors, i have one year old lg DVD 16x burner using verbatim disks and they always worked fine. Basically once it says put recordable disk in, i do and basically it keeps on saying put disc in because the dvd burner doesn't recognize that there is a disk there, so i take it out and put the same disc back in and sometimes that works and then it says writing and boom media write error. I take the same disk and hit cancel, and wait a couple mins and then hit write and then it writes ok, but the dvd drive does sound odd at times even though it has no problem reading movies, but the burning process seems to be the problem.

Sorry for the long rant, its just difficult to understand the exact problem. It basically went from a painfree process of 100% working all the time to 20% if that and thats me taking the disk in and out, hitting cancel retry and it might work. Did this happen to you guys when the writer starting giving out?

That does sound like a dead burner to me, but let's take a look at some stuff first.

1. Ensure you're using Anydvd 6.1.9.0: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=8947

2. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

Back