• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Authoring software

IcePhoenix

Translator (da)
Hello people.

I was hoping some of you had some experience in what i'm going to ask, but please only reply if you have experience or have tested a few tools that covers what i need as anyone, even Google can drop a name only :D

I have received lots of cam footage from my uncle, who wants it converted to DVD with nice menus and all, but i'm not too experienced in which software to get. I don't mind paying for it if it's good, like any SlySoft creation.

I have tried ConvertXtoDVD from VSO but it produces disappointing results i think. At least if you want to add more than one video file or customize the menu. The settings are awkward and too messy to work with.

I have also tried TMPGenc DVD Authoring Works which is nicer to work with and also produces better results in form of visual quality, however the encoding process takes a very long time compared to ConvertXtoDVD.

The tools for this purpose are many, i wish SlySoft had a tool for this very purpose so i knew what to buy.

I am open to ideas, free or not, as long as the interface makes sense and the results are decent. Someone also recommended me Corel MovieFactory but i haven't looked if they have a trial yet.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Perhaps that

Don't know if this will totally work but a combination of Freemake Video Converter and DVD Rebuilder may accomplish these tasks, don't know about speed as I always figure it takes longer than you think. Advantage both are free.

I haven't used it myself, Microsoft Movie Maker is a free download, you may have to be using Win7 or 8 to use it. You may also need dvd writing software to create dvds.

Don't know if this will totally work but a combination of Freemake Video Converter and DVD Rebuilder may accomplish these tasks, don't know about speed as I always figure it takes longer than you think. Advantage both are free.

I haven't tried DVD Rebuilder, is it authoring software or just conversion to DVD structure?

I have a license for Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate, so that would cover the conversion to various formats i guess.

I haven't used it myself, Microsoft Movie Maker is a free download, you may have to be using Win7 or 8 to use it. You may also need dvd writing software to create dvds.

I tried WMM at a point in the early Windows 7 days but found it to actually degrade the quality of the footage. And as you say, i would need something to do the actual DVD and menu etc. which is what i'm after :D

Thanks for the replies so far though. I hope some more helpful people can offer more suggestions.

Depending on your cam video format there are many options available.

To create menus I use these two software with excellent results:

http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/dvdlabpro.html

http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/

Forgot to mention...
If your project comes out to big to fit on a DVD or Blu-ray disc,
you'll need these two software to compress them:
http://www.jdobbs.com/

Thanks. I'll try out both tools but DVD-Lab looks like what i was after. Hopefully the results are as you say :D

As for fitting the stuff onto DVD, i have that covered, but thanks anyway.

Back