• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

I just received my WH16NS40 with firmware 1.02. When I install it in my Windows 10 Pro system is their any chance that the firmware will get update to 1.03 automatically. I'm not sure if this would mater or not but I saw in the control panel under system/hardware you can turn off device installation to stop automatically download manufacture apps and custom icons available for your device. Do you need to turn this off to make sure it will not update? Thanks

Device installation means exactly that, installation of a new device (drive, add-on card,...) Firmware NEVER gets updated automatically, it always requires manual intervention. If you don't do it now, 20+ years down the road it'll still have it's current version.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I am new to this forum. I recently built a HTPC:
- Asus BW 16D1HT optical drive manufactured 2/2018 with 3.02 firmware
- Win 10, 64 bit.
- Asus MB Z270 WS
The problem I am having is the optical drive does not detect UHD movies, but it does 1080p blu ray movies. I tried to flash the drive using Teddy Raspin's method, which included adjusting the BIOS as recommended but I still kept getting an error message when attempting to download Doshflash: ERROR. "Can't install portio.sys driver! Maybe you have to disable Driver Signature Enforcement." I did disable the Driver Signature Enforcement and it still was unable to download Dosflash.exe, as the error message kept popping up. I am kindly seeking any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

@TeddyRaspin

Would you please modify my WH16NS40 SVC:NS50 1.03 to 1.02? I just got it and dumped it with DOSFLASH.

Attachments

• stikle 1.03 OEM.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Hello Teddy,
Would you be so kind to modify my firmware for me?

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• wwmLG1.03.bin.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Hello Teddy,
Would you be so kind to modify my firmware for me, too?

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Iwassan_ASUS_BC12D2HT_FW301.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
This method works great. Thanks!! I used it on a couple of Asus drives last week. The longest part of the process was booting into Windows 7 from a USB drive.

Hello Teddy,
Would you be so kind to modify my firmware for me, too?

Thank you very much.

Here it is.

Please test it and report feedback. :)

Attachments

• TEST300.ZIP
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Hello Teddy,
Thanks your reply.

I have tried it, and it may be successful.
The Drive shows FW:3.00 and it looks fine.

Anyone help my friend...
He uses H170 Chipset's M/B "ASUS H170 PRO GAMING" with Windows 10.

I understand that in this method, M/B must have SATA-IDE Mode in "SATA Configuration".
Am I mistaken?

That M/B has AHCI and RAID mode in"SATA Configuration".

Anyone has other methods?

The answer is l literally a few posts above yours. You need Windows 7

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

>>Ch3vr0n-san
Thanks your reply.
But he lives far from me, and I can't cover for him.
So, I want other method if I can.

If there is no method in this case, I cover for him, and I send him.
Thanks.

Hello Teddy,
I'm very sorry.
Would you be so kind to modify my firiend's firmware for me, too?

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• FRIENDS_BC12D2HT_301.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
In retrospect, it was probably a mistake to post my question here, even though it was partially regarding downgrading firmware. Apologies.

Last edited:
Back