• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

Check the Windows event log for errors with the drive.
Possibly a USB issue ?

Check the Windows event log for errors with the drive.
Possibly a USB issue ?

I did it and found the following warning / errors around the time of writing / verifying:

Warning - BTHUSB - 34 - The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode. The minimum required supported state mask is 0x491f7fffff; got 0x1fffffff. Low Energy peripheral role functionality will not be available.

Error -cdrom - The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom1.

Error -cdrom - The device, \Device\CdRom1, has a bad block.

warning -cdrom -An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom1 during a paging operation

Also today I retried burning my UHD rip using again ImgBurn but without AnyDVD running. Writing was finished and verifying started. Then I left my PC only to return 6 hours later to find out that the PC was shutdown. I powered it up and I checked the event viewer. I found none of the above mentioned errors / warnings. Just an error (around 3 hours after verifying started) that ''The previous system shutdown at 16:48:21 on ‎15/‎03/‎2018 was unexpected.''

@TeddyRaspin

Here are the firmwares I used (dump: the original, clean: the one downloaded from the link at the first page of this thread and friendly: the one created by following your procedure / the one currently flashed)

If / when you have the time, please take a look and see if something is wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• BE16NU50.rar
    3.7 MB · Views: 37
Try this please :

I've noticed several differences between this my modded firmware and your "friendly" one.

You have to use DOSFLASH in order to flash it (erase eeprom and then write file).

Attachments

• TEST101.ZIP
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Try this please :

I've noticed several differences between this my modded firmware and your "friendly" one.

You have to use DOSFLASH in order to flash it (erase eeprom and then write file).

Thank you very much!

I'll give it a try as soon as a finish what already started testing: Reverted to original firmware and trying burning the same rip as before in order to see if I will get again a verify failure.

Btw (sorry for asking but I am really trying to understand), what kind of differences did you noticed?

I mean, I followed the procedure step by step and I was really cautious (I only used HexEditor Neo (which I found more user friendly) and in hex editing the offset values where the same but where ''x'' I used ''0'' (ex 001E8000 to 001E84FF etc) - which I think is the same.

At offset 0x1E0004 there are slight differences. Maybe it will not change anything, but just to be 100% sure, I've attached my modded 1.01 file for comparisons.

Try it and maybe it will fix some issues you've experienced.

At offset 0x1E0004 there are slight differences. Maybe it will not change anything, but just to be 100% sure, I've attached my modded 1.01 file for comparisons.

Try it and maybe it will fix some issues you've experienced.

0x1E0004 is not in the range to be edited, right?

So, if there is a difference there, between mine and yours modded firmware, it must come from a difference in the clean firmwares we used.

As clean I used the BE16NU50 1.01 found in the link of the 1st post of the thread, right?

Which one did you use as clean?

And since we mentioned this (and as I asked before): In the clean firmwares found in the link of the 1st post of the thread there is also BE16NU50 1.02. How can this be clean since 1.02 is not UHD friendly? A clean firmware should be based on a UHD friendly one, right?

And since we mentioned this (and as I asked before): In the clean firmwares found in the link of the 1st post of the thread there is also BE16NU50 1.02. How can this be clean since 1.02 is not UHD friendly? A clean firmware should be based on a UHD friendly one, right?
Clean means that the firmware is unlocked for flashing (by using a non-official patcher). It has nothing to do with UHD friendliness.

I think SPCAV may be questioning whether 1.02 is a version that closed the loophole and therefore, why is it included in the list...

“If you see a FW update and it’s from Dec. 8 (2017) or so, DO NOT INSTALL IT!!! “Improved BD UHD disc compatibility” is the “Improvement Point” listed in the firmware update guide. It’s a ruse. Apparently, when you install it, you completely lose the ability to read UHD discs. So, if your drive works, stick to it, and maybe consider buying ASAP if you’re interested.

(FYI, my BE16NU50 is at firmware version 1.01. It works fine. 1.02 is the tainted version to avoid at all costs”

Clean means that the firmware is unlocked for flashing (by using a non-official patcher). It has nothing to do with UHD friendliness.

OK, got it.

But then:

I think SPCAV may be questioning whether 1.02 is a version that closed the loophole and therefore, why is it included in the list...

Exactly!

Now, regarding my tests:

I finished burning with the original firmware and I got no error message in verifying.

So it seems that indeed my modded firmware has a problem.

I'll try the one provided by TeddySpin and revert.

EDIT:

And then suddenly, without doing anything and after many hours that the burn and verifying (with the original firmware) has finished and the disc still was inside the drive (which btw didn't spin down even after many hours that the burn / verify was finished), I got a BSOD mentioning a DATA STRUCTURE FAILURE. Win restarted, event viewer doesn't report a relevant error (besides the warning regarding BTHUSB - The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode. The minimum required supported state mask is 0x491f7fffff; got 0x1fffffff. Low Energy peripheral role functionality will not be available.) and now the drive finally spinned down​

Last edited:
The BTHUSB 34 Warning is related to Bluetooth so unlikely to be the cause.

It’s worth checking USB is set to never power down in Windows Power config.
The blue screen DATA STRUCTURE FAILURE points to a driver or Windows 10 integrity problem

The BTHUSB 34 Warning is related to Bluetooth so unlikely to be the cause.

It’s worth checking USB is set to never power down in Windows Power config.
The blue screen DATA STRUCTURE FAILURE points to a driver or Windows 10 integrity problem

Thx

I ll check what you said

In the meantime, I am checking the drive in another PC

After that, I ll check the firmware TeddyRaspin provided

After the reading/dumping process, you will need to take the clean 1.02 (or any other UHD Friendly firmware) and prepare it with data imported from the original dump. To do this, you can send me your dump, or doing yourself via HEX Editing process (see below).

Just read through this thread and it wasn't clear to me where to get a clean 1.02 image for a WH16NS40 (mine came with 1.03 and I need to downgrade it).

Just read through this thread and it wasn't clear to me where to get a clean 1.02 image for a WH16NS40 (mine came with 1.03 and I need to downgrade it).
You don't. You provide teddy with a dump of your 1.03 version and he'll create a working 1.02

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Teddy really nice job! You might also note that if you have more than 4 sata ports the dosflash program might not see the disc drive if it is not plugged into one of the 4 ports it expects (this happened to me :p). Also, I haven't done hexediting in a long time and I think I was having flash backs! :cool:

@TeddyRaspin (or anyone else) do you know where to get the a201 firmware installer for the ASUS BW-16D1H-U? Currently on their web site they are up to a203 which I assume is bad. I was referred to you in a different thread.

I don't have that firmware and I don't know where to find it.

That is what I was afraid of. surely someone somewhere has to have it. I just need to find it.

@TeddyRaspin, does my LG REBE16NU50 fall under your method??

I'm attaching my AnyDVD HD log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.3.0_Info.ziplog
    18.5 KB · Views: 4
Back