• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dummy needs help-Please

If you use Dvd Shrink to Compress or as you said "condense", and you don't want to buy CLONEDVD, then I'd recommend burning Dvd Shrink's output with ImgBurn which is free.

If you use Dvd Shrink to Compress or as you said "condense", and you don't want to buy CLONEDVD, then I'd recommend burning Dvd Shrink's output with ImgBurn which is free.
Most people like to be able to remove things though and manipulate the DVD. ImgBurn won't do that.

I'm currently using DVD Shrink 3.2. But this only "condenses" the files, correct? I'd still have to use software to burn the dvd, right? Am I confusing something here?

I only use Sony discs for me they have worked the best. I wait for them to go on sale and buy a couple of hundred packs! I LOVE the sony discs.

I am starting to question Sony now. My mom is having problems with movies she backed up a few months ago on Sony DVDs.

I also use dvd shrink 3.2 with ANYDVD. Works like a charm every time. I do however use NERO to burn with or clone cd. Done about 1000 movies, i would say that's a proven method!

I used to use TDK as well but about 6 months ago I started having problems with them.

I used to use TDK as well but about 6 months ago I started having problems with them.

A lot of TDKs that have dumped into Costcos in North America were B grade stuff.

Use Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden premium, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality.

@ kizzarmy1,

To obtain consistent quality error free results your choices of TDK and Sony DVD Media are poor choices. Both TDK and Sony don’t actually manufacture TDK or Sony branded Media but sub-contract the manufacturing of their branded Media to various manufactures (many in third world countries) which means a very large variance in Media quality and Media quality control.

Suggest using known proven quality Media that consistent provides quality error free results such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim Media.

Suggest visiting the CDFreak Blank Media Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33) for information concerning known proven quality Media.

Regards,
Coaster

A lot of TDKs that have dumped into Costcos in North America were B grade stuff.

Use Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden premium, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality.

was wondering how you can tell what kind of maxell you use. I use maxell but how do tell if there the good ones. Never had problems with them but just wondering thanks

was wondering how you can tell what kind of maxell you use. I use maxell but how do tell if there the good ones. Never had problems with them but just wondering thanks

1. Do they say Plus or Broadcast Quality on them?

2. Are they made in Japan?

If no to both questions, then don't use them.

The thing is practically anyone can get his or her hands on Verbatim. Taiyo Yuden premium is a little harder to find (Taiyo Yuden almost always produces better initial burn scans; over time, however, well . . . . in my opinion it's up for debate). Choose one or the other and be happy.

Maxell Plus are 8x dvd-rs (sometimes they are 8x Taiyo Yuden Premiums, but these are also quite often Maxell's own stuff made in Japan, which is also very good). Maxell Broadcast Quality is VERY pricey and not intended for the general public (it's harder to find than anything I've listed in this post). Both the Plus and Broadcast quality discs are 8x dvd-r only. Both of these should not be confused with regular made in Japan Maxells either (which you do not find me recommending anywhere). The Maxell Plus and Maxell BQ's that code out as MXL RG03 are held to higher standards than the regular MXL RG03s.

The regular Maxell you find in most stores probably won't be made in Japan, won't code out as MXL RG03 either, won't say "Plus" nor "Broadcast Quality" on the packaging, and should typically be avoided.

Last edited:
Back