• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dual Audio = 2 instances of ac3Filter??

kingflupps

Hey everyone, awesome forum! Managed to get reclock up and running but I've just a couple of quick questions.

1. I've got reclock running awesome now but whenever I load an mkv that mediainfo says has 2 audio streams (1 x stereo, 1 x 6 channel) two instances of ac3Filter load and there is noticeable lag. The receiver is still playing 5.1 but the lip sync is out. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. I've played a number of 720p & 1080p mkv's and the lip sync seems pretty much spot on. They are all 23.976 files. I've got my Nvidia refresh rate set to 23hz (23.972) but reclock (auto) is still speeding up to 24hz. Just wondering why it doesn't choose 23.976 and if this is a problem.

3. Lastly I was wondering what the significance of the red and green lines are when you press ctrl+j in mpc. I've been using it to check frame rates/refresh rates. I've noticed that the lines are closer together on some files than others. Is this to do with lip-sync? Rather than trusting your eyes/ears is there a way to check whether the audio/video is completely in sync coz I'm sure that some files seem to be more in sync than others but I could just be being paranoid.

I have mpc-hc latest version with ac3filter and reclock. I have ac3filter outputting pcm16bit 5.1 to reclock with ac3 encoder ticked. I'm running a MBP in bootcamp with W7 64bit, Nvidia 9400m (23/24/50/59/60 available), Samsung a656 40", and connected via optical to a 5.1 Sony STRDE-495.

Thanks again guys for an awesome program and forum!
Dave

1) you need a splitter that allows choosing a single audio track, like "Haali's Media Splitter" or those that are built into KMPlayer...MPC's MKV splitter plays all the audio streams at once AFAIK

2) this is a "confusing on purpose" message to make ppl complain here on the slysoft forum, don't pay attention ;)

3) I don't use MPC, I'm sure Jong will be able to shed some lights about that.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply! Ok I'll install Haali's Media Splitter and see how I get on with that... Installing it won't rock the boat video/audio wise will it? Apart from the few mkv's that have dual audio I'm really chuffed with the results of reclock. Only thing doing my head in now is that I'm constantly looking for lip sync issues... Hopefully Jong will be able to let me know how to find out for sure... Thanks again!

p.s is it ok to pm him or is that bad etiquette on this forum?

np ;) Reclock has a figure to tell you how close you are to perfect sync: "42325 Hz (26ms samp, -3ms sync)"

I'm sure Jong will show up soon or later.

Hey leeperry, just wondering what is a normal amount of fluctuation in the audio resampling section. Mine seems to fluctuate between 0hz - 65hz +/- depending on refresh rate. Is that ok?

Hey guys, should the setting leeperry told me about fluctuate? "42325 Hz (26ms samp, -3ms sync)" Mine fluctuates from around -55ms to +55ms throughout playback.

yes, it will fluctuate depending on Reclock following the video drift. Once you reach 0.17ppm it will be more stable IME.

that's the accuracy of Reclock's timings...the lowest I can reach on my box is 0.17ppm, it's at the end of the "System clock correction" line in Reclock's panel. The lower this figure, the tighter Reclock gets...and it takes a little while to get it as low as possible, possibly 20/30 mins

Once it has got that low is it then stored for future viewings or does it do it everytime? Thanks for all your help by the way.. It's much appreciated!

it's stored in the registry for each resolution/refresh rate combo ;)

Great so I'm right in thinking that once I've watched a whole movie at each refresh rate (23.976/24etc @ 720p or 1080p depending on mkv) the timings will have been tightened as much as possible for each of the refresh rates/resolution combo and they will be stored. So on future watches at said combo the audio clock sync/lip sync will fluctuate a lot less. To be honest I'm right in the middle of exam time at the moment so I haven't managed to watch a movie all the way through. I've just watched snippets at different refresh rates to make sure it goes green. Sounds like things can only get better considering that the lip sync was pretty much spot on, just seemed to waver a tiny bit from scene to scene... Cheers!

Back