• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Drives won't do squat (nothing)

Wildrat

Hello, I have two drives an internal and an external. They were working fine. I have win7 x64 ultimate. The drives are a Pioneer BDR-209M and a Samsung HD103SI. When I insert any disc with data whether it be Audio, Video, or picture disc the drives will do nothing. I have checked Autoplay settings, updated drivers, etc. They just won't work. When I try to open autoplay from rightclicking on device, nothing happens. When I doubleclick on device it pops up a window saying to put in blank media. The info for the device with disc installed is showing how much room is left on disc but it will not open and display contents. This has me confused especially when the drives were functioning fine.
I have searched and tried different things but to no avail.
Hopefully someone can help me!
Thanks,
Mark

Go into "device manager". Do your drives show? Is there an exclamation symbol showing?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 7
Go into "device manager". Do your drives show? Is there an exclamation symbol showing?

Yep, did that everything appears normal, no exclamation marks, all devices working properly according to the device manager. I also quit anydvd to see if it may been causing an issue, it never has since 2007 and it isn't this time either. I don't know what's going on it has me dazed and confused. :)

Try running sfc/scannow from cmd. You need to be logged in as the administrator to run this. Easiest way to do this is to type cmd and right-click selecting run as administrator. Then, at the prompt, type sfc/scannow,

Here is a link for the system file checker.

http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Try running sfc/scannow from cmd. You need to be logged in as the administrator to run this. Easiest way to do this is to type cmd and right-click selecting run as administrator. Then, at the prompt, type sfc/scannow,

Here is a link for the system file checker.

http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

This is message after completion of scan:
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I don't know what to do now. I've tried everything I know to do, the help from other comments did not reveal anything. I am thinking I may have to re-install windows which is going to be time consuming with everything installed on this machine.
If anyone has any info that may help it would be appreciated.

Have you tried

Reading through the thread did not see this suggestion made nor that you had tried this. Power down the Pc disconnect the external drive. Power up the Pc try the internal drive again, if still inoperative remove from Device Manager and power down the Pc. Power up the Pc and allow it to rediscover the internal drive. Then retest if working plug in the external and see if it is rediscovered, and retest. If all OK golden, if not check to see if you have latest firmware updates for your drives. Just suggestions hope it helps. I lust after your system, I'm running an old Core 2 Duo Quad core now 7 years old and still kicking 3 LG drives and a EVGA 970 video card and SSD.

Reading through the thread did not see this suggestion made nor that you had tried this. Power down the Pc disconnect the external drive. Power up the Pc try the internal drive again, if still inoperative remove from Device Manager and power down the Pc. Power up the Pc and allow it to rediscover the internal drive. Then retest if working plug in the external and see if it is rediscovered, and retest. If all OK golden, if not check to see if you have latest firmware updates for your drives. Just suggestions hope it helps. I lust after your system, I'm running an old Core 2 Duo Quad core now 7 years old and still kicking 3 LG drives and a EVGA 970 video card and SSD.

I did try this but I will do it again disabling Windows auto discovery function.
My system is about three years old now. I still have my dual core and use it in my radio room. I have an amd system but I do not like the Asus bios on the board so it's idle.

Okay that seemed to work, so far. I say that because they have worked for a couple times and then went back to the "won't do squat" behavior.
I left the external unplugged this time, maybe it was interferring with something.

Another suggestion

There are 2 programs I have found useful, VSO Inspector for Drive information and possible firmware updates, and IMGburn for looking at the driver stack for any driver conflicts.

Back